PDA

View Full Version : Valves

lraja
11-11-2006, 03:20 AM
Hi

When it comes to solenoid, flow control and pressure regulating valves, the market offer brands such as Danfoss, Parker and Henry etc.

With your experience, which brand you think stands out with regard to reliability of operation, perfromance and durablity....

raja

taz24
11-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi

When it comes to solenoid, flow control and pressure regulating valves, the market offer brands such as Danfoss, Parker and Henry etc.

With your experience, which brand you think stands out with regard to reliability of operation, perfromance and durablity....

raja

For reliability I like Sporlon and Danfoss.
For ease of serviceing I like Danfoss now they have changed the position of the access screws form underneith to on-top.

Overall most valves are Ok but I would choose Danfoss first for most aplications.

Cheers taz.

LRAC
11-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Overall most valves are Ok but I would choose Danfoss first for most aplications.

100% agree Danfoss every time.

Lrac

aawood1
11-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Hi Iraja, I use a mix of Danfoss and Parker solenoid valves. I like to use danfoss valves on the smaller pipe work upto 2" (50mm.) can get replacement parts and valves in 1 to 4 days max. Use Parker valves on all pipe work over 2" and jobs outside. But for safety valves I like to us two makes smaller ones upto 1" Henery and over that Herl and the herl stop valves.
Arthur.

taz24
11-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Hi Iraja, I use a mix of Danfoss and Parker solenoid valves.
Arthur.

I have bad memories of Parkers and their poor coil life. Iv'e worked in stores with mainly Parker valves and the coils seemed to fail at a higher rate than other makes.

Cheers taz.

Mark Sanchez
11-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Hello,

Typically in the US , we have found that Refrigeration Specialties (Parker) , and Hansen Technologies, are the primary control and hand valves used for industrial ammonia refrigeration installations. We are starting to seriously look at Danfoss. They have some really interesting valves. Problem in the US (that they are rectifying) is replacement part availability.
Herl and Danvalve are good hand valve manufacturers.
Henry used to be a big player, but that is no longer true.

We use Sporlan for alot of "***** applications" except for their expansion valves on the ammonia side.
It is my understanding that Sporlan in ammonia valves will be sold under the Parker name, as Parker (R/S) just purchased them recently.

Hope this helps

Mark

lraja
12-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Hi

Taz, Larc, Arthur and Mark, any thanks for the responses

cheers

raja