PDA

View Full Version : Heating for workshop

mswinman
10-11-2006, 01:25 AM
Hi all,
I've been asked to look at ways of heating a medium size workshop. It's on the third floor of a listed building, so electric heating seems the only way forward. 12-15 KWatts made them think about running cost's.

Portable air conditioners seem to win out on running cost's but don't seem to last too long, (site nearby had 20% fail in the first year) Can anyone recommend any particular manufacturer?

Electrocoolman
10-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Hi,
Can you not persuade them go down the Heat pump route?...they get cheap heat, bonus of airconditioning / dehumidify plus ECA (enhanced capital allowance) allows them to claim back unit and installation costs.

Adrian

LRAC
10-11-2006, 08:50 PM
yep listed buildings are a nightmare, have a word with Nigel manning at heronhill. The company thrives on challenges and if he can't help walk away from the job and save your reputation.
www.heronhill.co.uk (http://www.heronhill.co.uk)

Regards
Lrac

mswinman
19-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Hi Guys
Thanks for the input, as I've been a victim of the "Netservices v V21" fiasco, internet access has been a problem. Inverter based heat pump would fit the bill but price pushed it off the list. You boys must see this all the time. Anyway I can only tell it how it is, so the balls in their court. Thanks again.

Electrocoolman
21-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Hi mswinman,
Sure Heatpumps are an initial 'higher' cost, but your client can get ECA relief on whole of cost of job (including installation)...see elsewhere on this site. Your client gets cheap heat....gets airconditioning / dehumidifying as bonus.
Cost of running Direct electric heating will be expensive....modern heat pump will use about 25% of electricity.