PDA

View Full Version : Advise: SavaWatt energy controls

george.waimann
06-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Good afternoon from the UK,

Has anyone had good, or bad, experiences with the SavaWatt controls as sold in the UK. They claim to save energy without damaging fridge and AC systems, however I am having difficulty in finding people with actual technical experience of the SavaWatt conrtols, rather than Energy Managers (who claim wonderful things but don't have to pick up the pieces).

I look forward to hearing from you.
George

Electrocoolman
07-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Hi George and Welcome to RE.

Have look at :

www lmphotonics com/energy htm

(just add dots in spaces - I cant post html links yet!)
There's quite abit about the "so called savings" and salesmans claims.

Have seen many disconnected units on older cabinets! (Speaks for ? reliability)

Hope this helps, Adrian

george.waimann
09-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks Adrian,

Thanks for the link to the web site, it is very informative. My experience is as you state, I have seen many disconnected.

Regards
George

Abe
10-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Same here, I have seen many disconnected from systems.

kaon
16-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Hmm what happened to Lmphotonics.com ?
Wanted to read up too, because there is a guy wanting to sell me Savawatt solutions.
I am skeptical.

philfridge
16-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Yes hsbc had then fitted to all their refrrigeration and air con units and they are unreliable and cause compressor low voltage resulting in breakdowns. Get rid of them :D

superswill
16-06-2008, 07:20 PM
same here get rid,just another thing to go wrong,ripped out loads last year

Brian_UK
16-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Hmm what happened to Lmphotonics.com ?
Wanted to read up too, because there is a guy wanting to sell me Savawatt solutions.
I am skeptical.The website is still up and running.

Envision
10-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Yes hsbc had then fitted to all their refrrigeration and air con units and they are unreliable and cause compressor low voltage resulting in breakdowns. Get rid of them :D

Hi,
We’re the manufacture the SavaWatt Controls.

We have not fitted any of our controls to HSBC A/C units, and have not received any reports of failures. I’m not sure of what you have removed!

As far as the “low voltage” is concerned, the SavaWatt Controls are designed to reduce the applied voltage in a controlled method so not to increase current. The principle behind the operation of the controls has been in use for over 20 years and we have two patents protecting our IP.

It is true that there are other controls which claim the same operation as ours, but they simply cannot complete.

If proof was ever needed, a major mobile phone operator fitted SavaControls to each and every A/C unit in their transmission stations in 2004 and to date there has not been one failure. Further still at the Energy Event 2007 held at the motorcycle museum in Birmingham, Vodafone gave a presentation on their efforts to save energy, and highlighted that their SavaControls installation had resulted in savings of over £970K per year.

I’m sorry to go on, but this is an issue when we find some controls removed for no reason. All I can say is that we are always here to discuss any concerns our customers or their maintenance divisions have.

Envision
10-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi,
We’re the manufacture the SavaWatt Controls.

We have not fitted any of our controls to HSBC A/C units, and have not received any reports of failures. I’m not sure of what you have removed!

As far as the “low voltage” is concerned, the SavaWatt Controls are designed to reduce the applied voltage in a controlled method so not to increase current. The principle behind the operation of the controls has been in use for over 20 years and we have two patents protecting our IP.
It is true that there are other controls which claim the same operation as ours, but they simply cannot complete.

If proof was ever needed, a major mobile phone operator fitted SavaControls to each and every A/C unit in their transmission stations in 2004 and to date there has not been one failure. Further still at the Energy Event 2007 held at the motorcycle museum in Birmingham, Vodafone gave a presentation on their efforts to save energy, and highlighted that their SavaControls installation had resulted in savings of over £970K per year.

I’m sorry to go on, but this is an issue when we find some controls removed for no reason. All I can say is that we are always here to discuss any concerns our customers or their maintenance divisions have.