PDA

View Full Version : Quickcheck !!!!

Latte
03-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi Guys,

Just reading another post thread made me think of this so bare with me.

Has anyone else come accross an acid checker call Quickcheck. All it is, is a clear plastic tube with a spike in one end. What you do is push it agains a suction schraeder and vent the gas through it, through an open end the other end.

Surely this is against any laws regarding venting.

I know i am being picky as its only on for about 5 seconds but thats the mood i am in tonight

Regards

Fatboy

Brian_UK
03-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Yes, used to use them a while ago, Carrier badged them I believe as well.

Little glass sample tubes, quite handy, totally against the rules today, never mind.

Andy P
05-11-2006, 03:07 PM
totally against the rules today, never mind.
Still legal if it's ammonia:D

cheers
Andy P

PS but then you wouldn't have any acid problems anyway;)

POS26
07-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Quick Checked the website. (pun intended)

Accurate to 1 ppm
Compatible with all lubricants
Meets EPA venting rules
U.S. Patent #6,514,765
U.S. Patent #6,825,040

kDawg
12-11-2006, 03:34 PM
I checked it out as well. Qwikcheck, although it releases some gas, it actually meets the EPA venting rules.

They say that it's actually more environment friendly than other acid checkers.

Here's their website. I used it last weekend and it was easy and fast. It has worked so far. I'll post updates if I have any problems with it. www.qwik.com/index.jsp

--kDawg

star882
13-11-2006, 10:30 PM
You should have seen the amount that comes out when you disconnect the high side hose. In my experience, no matter how fast you do it, a good amount of refrigerant blows out. I think there are spring loaded adapters that detach almost instantly by pulling a lever, but I have not seen one.

taz24
14-11-2006, 12:36 AM
You should have seen the amount that comes out when you disconnect the high side hose. In my experience, no matter how fast you do it, a good amount of refrigerant blows out. I think there are spring loaded adapters that detach almost instantly by pulling a lever, but I have not seen one.

Yes we call them quick couplers and are easily available from all wholesalers in the UK. They only cost about 10 to 15 UKpounds

Cheers taz