PDA

View Full Version : Replacing condensor

Rayin
01-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi.....Everybody:)
I am new to the forum!!
How can I replace a forced air condensor of an upright cooler (700x700x1800 mm high) with static air cooled condensor?. The compressor is SC12G of Danfoss (hermatic).
Thanks inadvance
Regards
Rayin

Electrocoolman
01-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Welcome Rayin

My only thought is why would you want to do this?

Looking at your location (middle east) you must have high ambient temperatures, which would be the reason for a forced air (i.e. fan blown) condenser.

Are you not going to create trouble for yourself (or your customer)?

Adrian

old gas bottle
01-11-2006, 05:50 PM
are you wanting to do this because the existing condenser is strugling for duty? if so i would leave it in and fit a higher speed fan motor assembley or at a push fit a remote condenser on the back panel and pipe it in series so you have 2,that would do it.

taz24
01-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Hi.....Everybody:)
I am new to the forum!!
How can I replace a forced air condensor of an upright cooler (700x700x1800 mm high) with static air cooled condensor?. The compressor is SC12G of Danfoss (hermatic).
Thanks inadvance
Regards
Rayin

Danfos build condensing units as standard and replaceing the old one would require you to de-gas / recover the old gas unbraze the joints and remove the old one. Reconect the new fit new dryer and pressure test. Then you will vac out the system and add the gas.

Cheers taz.

Rayin
04-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Hi Electrocoolman....Thank you very much for your response. The refrigerator will be in air conditioned room. So ambient temperature will less. Replacing the air cooled condenser is to have more internal useful area. What I am looking for is how to calculate the no. of raws and columns for the condensor?
Thanks for OLD GAS BOTTLE & TAZ24
With regards
Rayin

Electrocoolman
05-11-2006, 02:49 AM
Hi Rayin,

The SC12G compressor requires FAN cooling, not static, so you will still need a fan to cool the compressor.
Will you gain very much space from changing the condenser....better to move the whole condensing unit.
I think the condenser will need to be able to reject about 1500w.
Adrian