PDA

View Full Version : New Career In Refrigeration

paulcamb
01-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Hi all,

I am a corgi registered gas engineer and am looking for a career change into air conditioning and refigeration installation.

Ideally I would gain employment with a company who can use my existing skills but also help me with gaining the necessary qualifications and experience that I will need.

I would also be prepared to work for free for a local aircon/refrigeration company, but I can only do weekends.

Also I am struggling to find any local training organisations. I need to ensure that any courses i take will be valid by a potential employer.

I know I am asking for a lot but if there is anyone who can help that would be great. All advice is welcome.
Many thanks Paul :)

P.s Quick CV I'm age 37
Corgi gas/Lpg
Part P
Un-vented cylinders
Energy efficency

Abe
01-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi Paul

Your corgi registration would really be useful to companies which service the Trane rooftop air conditioning, heat pump systems.

These units have gas fired heating and only corgi registered operators can service the gas side.

If you do a search for Trane on Google, you can obtain information on distributors, etc ande can then approach them directly

Abe

paulcamb
01-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Thanks Abe.

I am also trying to get some experience or training.
The companies I have approached in my area are just not interested. Seems like at 37 your just to old !

Paul

Abe
01-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Paul

There is big demand for ac installers at present, esp on domestic installations in the South especially.

A course at a local college might be a useful start off point to get the basics.

And then its just a question of perseverance and knocking on doors to get that vital experience

rbartlett
02-11-2006, 04:49 AM
Thanks Abe.

I am also trying to get some experience or training.
The companies I have approached in my area are just not interested. Seems like at 37 your just to old !

Paul

try http://www.firstinservice.co.uk/index.htm these do all the macdonalds and wetherspoons.

However one must question your sanity regarding this matter...

Cheers

Richard

Abe
02-11-2006, 09:58 AM
try http://www.firstinservice.co.uk/index.htm these do all the macdonalds and wetherspoons.

However one must question your sanity regarding this matter...

Cheers

Richard

Paul

To be perfectly honest with you, as Rich says...
Stick to gas, youll be far richer.......and saner!

In fridge you can burn out fast.
But I must admit, I started out young and I still enjoy it and gain immense job satisfaction from fridge work

I had to undertake a career change because the money, hours, hassles were too much

paulcamb
07-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Thanks Guy's for you advice.
I am looking forward to working in the a/c industry.