PDA

View Full Version : Domestic fridgy problem

lord gutbucket
27-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi,

you technical people were recommended to me to see if you could help sort out a problem i have.

Domestic 50/50 fridge-freezer. Now put 2 new thermostats in but the fridge keeps freezing, especially the lower levels. I notice there are 3 terminals on the thermostat. Can anyone give me a remedy to this infuriating situation & let me know why there are 3 terminals please? This will ensure my corned beef doesn't freeze.

Many thanks,

Lord Gutbucket.

chillin out
27-10-2006, 07:59 PM
One is for the live feed, another is for the 'on' position and the other is for the compressor.

Chillin:) :)

Electrocoolman
27-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Have you got the correct type of thermostat? Should your fridge be frost-free?....if so you need a 'two temperatue' 'stat. Danfoss kit 3 or Ranco VT9.

Have you still got the original 'stat? It should have a make and reference number on it. Post it in reply.

fridg
28-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Hi,

you technical people were recommended to me to see if you could help sort out a problem i have.

Domestic 50/50 fridge-freezer. Now put 2 new thermostats in but the fridge keeps freezing, especially the lower levels. I notice there are 3 terminals on the thermostat. Can anyone give me a remedy to this infuriating situation & let me know why there are 3 terminals please? This will ensure my corned beef doesn't freeze.

Many thanks,

Lord Gutbucket.

As chillin out has said one is for the comp to switch on and off. Is your beef frozen or is there just frozen ice ?

old gas bottle
28-10-2006, 08:17 PM
not done one for years but i think its numbers 6 and 4 for the live and comp,3 is the evap heater if fitted, some need a higher range stat VX0, dont hold me to it though.

lord gutbucket
29-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Sorry i haven't repilied sooner. New babys take up my time. Thankyou all for responding. I will find out my old stat (i think i've still got it). Thanks for the info on the terminals. Tis true, you are all gracious.

Lord Gutbucket.:D

lord gutbucket
08-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Have you got the correct type of thermostat? Should your fridge be frost-free?....if so you need a 'two temperatue' 'stat. Danfoss kit 3 or Ranco VT9.

Have you still got the original 'stat? It should have a make and reference number on it. Post it in reply.

Hi, the thermostat meke & model are.........A13 0447R B443 WHIRLR290* If that helps????

Thanks.

Electrocoolman
08-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi,
Thought that you had disappeared!

Can't find exact details of number but the A13 series is a two temp stat so a Danfoss kit 3, VT9 or A13-1000 should do.
Hopefully thumbnail attached should help.

lord gutbucket
09-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Thankyou kindly for the detailed reply although i'm still puzzled as to which terminal does what? On the right hand diagram i can see that numbers 3&4 are detailed however i can't see number 6. Can you advise please? :confused:

What i need to know is what the three terminals do & is it possible to omit one? All other thermostats i have seen have 2 terminals but mine seems to have three. :eek:

taz24
10-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Thankyou kindly for the detailed reply although i'm still puzzled as to which terminal does what? On the right hand diagram i can see that numbers 3&4 are detailed however i can't see number 6. Can you advise please? :confused:

What i need to know is what the three terminals do & is it possible to omit one? All other thermostats i have seen have 2 terminals but mine seems to have three. :eek:

The type of stat in the diagram controls the compressor and can also control a heater to defrost the evap if fitted. The compressor is fed across the 3 and 4 terminal and the No 6 can be left empty. If the fridge - freezer has a heater on the evap then when the comp is not on the heater is and fed from 6.

Cheers taz.

lord gutbucket
11-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Hi all,
forgive my lack of reply but had pooter problems. Everything seems to go wrong together.

Anyway, my fridgy problem "appears" solved. I spent ages trying different wiring patterns on the thermostat, taking it out-putting it back, to see if that helped but to no avail. Then, like a smack from a soggy (yet alluringly moist) lettuce, i thought there is something different about what i'm doing.........but what is it? I then figured it.......i returned the thermostat to its original way of being wired then put the long bendy thingy (phial/coil?) back in the hole inbetween the fridge & casing from whence it came. This appears to have done it. Before, i'd just left it curled up in the fridge itself (like most of the food in there), thinking, now known to be unwisely, that it wouldn't matter. I now no longer have to defrost my corned beef before eating & my milk is now liquid again........Hoorah! If only i could now defrost my wife's sex drive i'll be more than happy.

Many thanks to you all for taking the time to help me. May i wish you all a Very Merry Christmas & a "CHILLIN" New Year.
Thanks again,
Lord Gutbucket.

davej
11-12-2006, 09:55 PM
on the ranco stats it is live 6 pot to 4, 3 is normally used for the heater if fitted.