PDA

View Full Version : J&e Halls Compressor

fennydom
27-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Im on the look out for a halls 7 by 5 1/2 8 cylinder compound carcus if anyone knows were i might locate one i would be most apreciative.

taz24
28-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Im on the look out for a halls 7 by 5 1/2 8 cylinder compound carcus if anyone knows were i might locate one i would be most apreciative.

Are you trying to tell me you can't find one in Grimsby:) You'd trip over the things.

On a serious point try Humber Refrigeration they seem to be able to locate them.

I know that there are at least 4 / 5 in moth ball at PDM in Doncaster. I'm not sure who does their work now but they have shut down 2 plants and moth balled all the equipment.

On a lighter note you should locate them if you have missplaced one, they are big lumps of metal and tend not to wonder far if you put them down:)

Cheers taz.

fennydom
30-10-2006, 03:12 PM
thank taz will try leads you gave me thanks again fennydom

old gas bottle
30-10-2006, 06:19 PM
have you tried halls at derby,give paul on the trade counter a call,tell him mark at derby cold stores told you to call, i know they have outed a load of old stuff but still have some darkholed.

Icecube
31-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Hello Taz & Fennydom

Interesting to hear a conversation about PDM 7X5 Compounds. I have also worked on these machines (I have spent many hours with the sticky unloaders)

Do you have any contact with Roy & Bob .

taz24
01-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Hello Taz & Fennydom

Interesting to hear a conversation about PDM 7X5 Compounds. I have also worked on these machines (I have spent many hours with the sticky unloaders)

Do you have any contact with Roy & Bob .

Bob smith?

He was my boss and Roy was contracting. I left before Roy was made up to supervisor and now I think its all gone. All the old plant is shut down and the plant rooms are very, very quiet:( I was in there last May and it seemed sad. Roy has gone I think now but Bob is still there in a managerial capacity somwhere.

Cheers taz.

Ps Sticky unloaders:eek: don't mention sticky unloaders.

NH3LVR
01-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Just curious about J&E Halls Comps.
Would we know them by another name on this side of the Pond? Are they made in the UK

Andy
01-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Just curious about J&E Halls Comps.
Would we know them by another name on this side of the Pond? Are they made in the UK

Probably not:D it's a British thing. Although they were once called APV, APV Baker and Halls thermotank, now back to their old name J E Hall.

Kind Regards Andy:)