PDA

View Full Version : High back pressure compressors

lana
23-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Hi everybody,
Can someone explain the 'High back pressure compressors"? What is the difference and how is the compressor construction?

Cheers.:)

Andy
23-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi Lana:)

high back pressure usually refers to domestic compressors, larger motor for starting.

In screws a different volume ratio is used, and with piston compressors, more valve spring pressure is usually used.

Kind Regards Andy:)

Electrocoolman
23-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi Lana...to repeat what Andy said, HBP is normally a term applied to Domestic/small Commercial (Hermetic) compressors.

They are designed to cope with a higher evaporating temperature and are not so dependant upon the cooling effect from the return suction gas.

You can use a HBP compressor in place of a LBP but not the other way round.

If you look at the specifications you will see the HBP is evaporating at about +7 deg C and the LBP is at -25deg C.

Hope this helps...regards Adrian

lana
24-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks guys. Very helpful.
I have been away very long. Where is Mark O'Brian?

Cheers.:)

Brian_UK
24-10-2006, 10:59 PM
............ Where is Mark O'Brian?

Cheers.:)Sorry Lana, Marc decided to leave us a while back.

absrbrtek
25-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Why? I'll have to give him a call and break his British balls now!! :)
Sorry Lana, Marc decided to leave us a while back.

ernestlin
25-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Hi Lana...to repeat what Andy said, HBP is normally a term applied to Domestic/small Commercial (Hermetic) compressors.

They are designed to cope with a higher evaporating temperature and are not so dependant upon the cooling effect from the return suction gas.

You can use a HBP compressor in place of a LBP but not the other way round.

If you look at the specifications you will see the HBP is evaporating at about +7 deg C and the LBP is at -25deg C.

Hi, guys! I convince "HBP" equal to "high evaporate pressure", but I don't consider "HBP" can be applied to "Domestic" range. Their application is different. And can a HBP be instead of a LBP??? It's impossible in most cases.