PDA

View Full Version : Retirement

bernard
23-10-2006, 09:11 PM
When I retire I,m going to travel around supermarkets standing on engineers ankles, finger tips and ask them where the brussel sprouts are.WHY because I can.

Bernard

Andy
23-10-2006, 10:03 PM
When I retire I,m going to travel around supermarkets standing on engineers ankles, finger tips and ask them where the brussel sprouts are.WHY because I can.

Bernard

Bernard:)

bad day mate:D

Chin up:)

Kind Regards Andy:)

abdulazman
24-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Eek gag Bernard mate :eek: :eek: ,

There are no such thing as retirement coz you'll simply get bored. The day when retirement call is when we R.I.P. Cheer up :) . Everyday we are learning new things and we never stop learning iregardless of our age.

Cheer up Mate :D

monkey spanners
24-10-2006, 09:08 PM
I did some work in a supermarket in swindon and was told to be finished before dark as the local kids would shoot at you with air riffles when you went out to the van:eek: :mad:
Useless information:- Cheerio's are popular with pensioners (as noted by watching shoppers and not working:rolleyes: )

Hopefully you had a better day today, Bernard :)

Cheers Jon

piston broke
24-10-2006, 09:10 PM
No sane man eats brussel sprouts, even in retirement.

Why not be nice and give them some friendly advice or even sell them your old tools. After all, pension money might be grim.

PB

bernard
25-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Have been trying to get a docs appointment for some time,they only give appointments on a daily basis.They advised me I,m better to turn up early in the morning.

Docs opens 0830,i was there 0815 with 40 pensioners in front of me earliest appointment 1130:mad:

I,m not anti old people,i too will be 50 one day:D

Regards Bernard

Cuppy
27-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Have been trying to get a docs appointment for some time,they only give appointments on a daily basis.They advised me I,m better to turn up early in the morning.

Docs opens 0830,i was there 0815 with 40 pensioners in front of me earliest appointment 1130:mad:

I,m not anti old people,i too will be 50 one day:D

Regards Bernard

Hey Bernard,
50 is the new 40

supermarketguy
28-10-2006, 07:07 PM
How many engineers do you know, that have reached retirement age. Just thought i would try and cheer you up.

winfred.dela
29-10-2006, 12:38 PM
How many engineers do you know, that have reached retirement age. Just thought i would try and cheer you up.

It was suggested that we should not retire.

From Book DIE BROKE:

LEISURE ISN'T MORE FULFILLING THAN WORK.

Work for some form or the other, is an integral part of human life, a reason to get up in the morning.

Many who shift from work to leisure become ill, both physically and psychologically. . . .

Ten years ago, I have been working hard to be able to semi-retire when am in mid 50's.
Now i have change my mind, have given up the pursuit of retirement.

Hope i will be able to work till am in my 80's. . . :)

Samarjit Sen
29-10-2006, 05:16 PM
I am 65 years young and have been in the field of refrigeration for the last 42 years. For people in the refrigeration engineering there is no retirement as we keep learning new things everyday. From the day I joined this forum, life has become more interesting as I have had the good fortune to learn so many things and meet wonderful people.

When I visit Steel Plants, I can climb up the ladders to the overhead crane drivers cabin. I still work15 hours a day. I love to design new systems and learn about systems that I was not knowing. Life becomes a much better place to live if we strive to do what we like the best. Refrigeration is a part of my life and so will it be to people who are as involved as I am even today.

With best wishes,

winfred.dela
30-10-2006, 01:27 AM
I am 65 years young and have been in the field of refrigeration for the last 42 years. For people in the refrigeration engineering there is no retirement as we keep learning new things everyday. From the day I joined this forum, life has become more interesting as I have had the good fortune to learn so many things and meet wonderful people.

Hi Samarjit,

Nice words from the not so young member. Your age should be considered as the middle age for Refrigeration practitioners.

Am really waiting for you to make a nice post in this thread. Am again quoting one of my emails to you:

. . . . .
One of the reason am amazed with you is that in your age you still have retained your voracious learning drive. I have to thank RE Forum to have met guys like you.

Am 20 years younger and have a lot to learn.
. . . .

Regards and hope you keep on posting.
winfredy :)

Beechy
30-10-2006, 07:20 PM
If you can do this job a 65 your doing well, gas bottles seam to get heavier the knees no longer take the shock waves from standing up, you remember the weather was better when you were young.You didn't need a waterproof coat and the customers were more appreciative nor catch so many colds.

The traffic flowed better and no 24 hour temperature alarm systems and no mobiles. If i make retirement(god there talking about 67 now) i hope i'm the grumpiest old sod about, as i think iv'e earnt the right to walk down the paper shop in the morning and remember the good old days(no reclaiming procedures which seam to take forever and to mention the B****Y HSE procedures) of being young.

Seeing youngters bound up ladders that your now to affraid to look down as your years have taught you that it could hurt you if you fall?

The car is a volvo estate just in case you see a fridge guy in your rear view mirror,because they are the fastest vehicles on the road.

I look forward to retirement hopefully i'll make it, but when it does come i,m that bloke standing on your fingers or pushing the trolley into you bacause i,m allowed too,because i'm an old grumpy man.

Beechy

P.S and having too down size your house cause your pensions not done to well, which should give me the money to still be grumpy at the yougsters cause i,m in the pub and there working.