PDA

View Full Version : LG Capacitor - Room not cold

kelamel
19-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Hi all,
I ain't a contract of air conditioning but i am located in singapore. Recently i had problems with my LG air con..
I am using the LG split unit system in my home, one indoor unit is in my parents room and the other in my room.

When both air con is switched on...both had warm air coming out, only the occasional cold air...then parents room air con was switched off , then my air con is v cold.

contractor told me its due to a capacitor and he somehow is not able to get the exact LG capacitor used in the compressor.....

any of u knows the brand/model of it so i could look it up over here on my side

thanks a million!

kelamel
19-10-2006, 01:08 AM
Its a 3 Head capacitor too.
anyone knows the made and model ?
thanks

taz24
19-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Its a 3 Head capacitor too.
anyone knows the made and model ?
thanks

Capacitors are totaly inter-changable as long as you use the correct rating. On the side of the capacitor you will see a number with uF at the side of it. eg 30 uF that means 30 micro farrad.
Your particular cappacitor should be some thing like 30/1.5uF +/-5%. It is just two capacitors in the same body.

The make will be Nuintek in korea but any patten part will do.

Just a quick question though. Why does your guysay the capacitor is faulty because the symptons you explain don't imediatly sound like a capacitor fault to me.

Cheers taz.

Peter_1
20-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Just a quick question though. Why does your guysay the capacitor is faulty because the symptons you explain don't imediatly sound like a capacitor fault to me.
Was just thinking the same Taz24. I don't think that the capacitor is the cause of your problem.
Lack of gas when 2 units are working? Assume both are on 1 outdoor unit?

taz24
21-10-2006, 12:57 AM
Lack of gas when 2 units are working? Assume both are on 1 outdoor unit?

My thoughts exactly.

Cheers taz.

Temprite
21-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Some LG twin head multi units have two compressors.

Is it possible the interconnecting wires are wrong?

Peter_1
21-10-2006, 07:54 AM
...only the occasional cold air...

What do you mean with this?

taz24
21-10-2006, 10:47 AM
The two evap controls are crossed over. The one bedroom evap calls for cooling but it brings in the other comp. Therefore the evap that is calling for cooling does not get any and the one that did not want it does.

Cheers taz.

taz24
21-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Oh by the way the last post was not a definative answer to your problem just a possibility and confirming what Temprite stated.
Cheers taz.