PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Minbars Efficient???

pynnster
17-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi all,

Im looking into hotel minbars and i feel that they just arn't eco friendly enough and still waste electricity.

I have a new idea and that is to use freezers instead. Mini bars in the rooms wouldnt use electricity at all, the freezers would and ice blocks would be slid into the bars in the mornings by the housekeeping staff.

Would this be a cheaper option??

Minibars use 0.55 kWh/24hrs, the newest deep freezers something similar, so if one freezer supplied 10 minbars with ice then surely it would be better and save electricity.

Can you help me, is it a valid change in stratagy??

Any results or research is welcome

Many thanks,

Pynnster

chillin out
17-10-2006, 09:28 PM
So you are not going to have a light inside it then?

I think the hospitality trade is not really bothered with saving a couple of pence a day where the comfort of their customers are concerned.
In the hotel trade they cut enough corners where the customer doesn't see without doing the same in th rooms as well.

How many people here have quoted a new install that would save a lot of money in running costs compared to a cheaper version and then got knocked back by the manager of the hotel saying the initial outlay is too much for his budget and he doesn't care much that in 5 years he would recoup the extra spent.

Chillin:) :)

chillin out
17-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Just to add, why is this posted in the supermarket section?

Chillin:) :)

Brian_UK
17-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Just to add, why is this posted in the supermarket section?

Chillin:) :)'Cos he's a student ?? :confused: :D

US Iceman
18-10-2006, 12:27 AM
...ice blocks would be slid into the bars in the mornings...

You are going backwards. This is almost 80 years old or more.

It costs more to make ice than it does to cool air for a cooler.

NH3LVR
18-10-2006, 01:43 AM
My Mother (Rest her Soul) Told me about waiting for the Iceman to deliver. She would have been 94.
The meltwater would also have to be removed daily or plumbed to drain.
As a student I had great ideas. Now I know there is NO FREE LUNCH.