PDA

View Full Version : A/C design

mmtronic
16-10-2006, 03:13 AM
Dear all,

i am trying to design an A/C for my small car ( fiat 127 ) model 1983 ... i will use hermetic DC compressor 12volt but i donot know the suitable evaporator and condenser for this loop , any comment in this design will be appreciated .

thx

electron

zarohliburd
16-10-2006, 06:02 AM
my advice to u is try and find out the total BTU of the car and work from there the formular is volume times 7.5 i think and y a 12 v compressor didnt the car come with a belt drive compressor

mmtronic
16-10-2006, 06:40 AM
i use DC 12v compressor to avoid loading of belt rotary compressor on the car motor ( 903cc ) .

frank
16-10-2006, 07:05 PM
i use DC 12v compressor to avoid loading of belt rotary compressor on the car motor ( 903cc ) .

Will the headlights DIM everytime the compressor kicks in? :D

Loops
18-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Having just got back from a week in Egypt (Shrarm El Sheikh) using headlights (especially at night) is totally optional !!

So dimming lights when the compressor kicks in is hardly likely to be an issue.

One evening at about midnight we saw a Vespa scooter no main lights on just the left indicator flashing. LOL

Loved the place though.

Loops

davej
19-10-2006, 07:30 AM
What happened to camels.

and they didnt have lights either

taz24
19-10-2006, 09:20 AM
What happened to camels.

and they didnt have lights either

Don't be silly:)

We all know you can't fit air conditioning to a camel.
They don't have enough hourse power;)

Cheers taz.

mmtronic
19-10-2006, 11:48 AM
u know, i think may be camels r more useful than ur brains

Mohamed

Jase
19-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Why bother?
I have a suspicious feeling that the compressor will cost more than the value of your car!
I would just cut the roof off and wahey....free cooling!:D

Regards
Jase

Electrocoolman
20-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Don't be silly:)

We all know you can't fit air conditioning to a camel.
They don't have enough hourse power;)

Cheers taz.

No but they do make CAMEL lights!
(Low tar)

mmtronic
20-10-2006, 10:25 AM
no brother , i am thinking in driving a camel insted of my car , at least to save the cost of A/C .....try to read more about refrigeration solution and to know how to use the available fasilities for ur life ....brother......it will be a disaster if all members of this forum thinking like u .

taz24
20-10-2006, 01:48 PM
i think that i will replace my car with a camel at least to save the cost of the A/C ...brother .....try to read more about update subjects about refrigeration and how to use its facilities in ur life ....it will be disaster if all members r like u in thinking .

Best regards

A little bit of humour do'es no harm;)

If you want a serious answer to you question then more information will be required. What car is it that you want to cool? What is the ambient temp the car will be running in? where do you intend to fit the coils for the system?

Try to lighten up a little, people may have been sarcastic to your initial question because it sounds such a funny idea. If you are serious about doing this then you need to think about some of the barriers that confront this project. You have an idea of the compressor you want but how will you source this part? How do you intend to source the evap and cond? Do you intend to use car parts or standard commercial parts? Why can't you just go to a car reclaim / scrapyard and get the parts or parts that work other similar sized cars?

Cheers taz.

davej
20-10-2006, 04:25 PM
sorry mmtronic, no offence meant,
jokes waiting to be made thats all.
i guess it shows how strange fridge guys are, and we all know no one likes a smart arse

sorry mate. gud luck with the project