PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone commission a new system.

ethan
13-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Hi Guys,

I have just installed a dual split hitachi system which I purchased online, this wasn't to save money as I had engineers come out and they insisted that the installation could not be done. It could be but was just very time consuming & not easy. However I paid quite a lot for this system & have also paid the company to commission as this was part of the service. I now find myself with a system which is a lovely ornament as the suppliers have broken promise after promise to do the commissioning. Can any of you guys help? It requires 4 flares & gassing. I live in North London and would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Ethan.

taz24
14-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Most small opperaters I imagine would be prepared to do what you ask if they feel confident that the work has been done to a high standard and all the components comply with industry regulations. If you wanted the work doing and there was no liability for the instalation, you should get someone to do the work.

Cheers taz.

Franzfernando
14-10-2006, 09:38 PM
who installed the pipe work? i would be prepared to comission it for you but i need a bit more information.
like the gas type,age and make of units,lenght of pipe run etc etc

Richard Hillsid
22-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Il do it, fly me in from Finland

Andy W
23-09-2007, 08:04 PM
I did one 2 weeks ago ...................... never again, the pipes were kinked passing through the wall behind the wall mount, the suction line flare behind the air handler was pinched tight ......... still with a rubber bung in! various pipes were kinked along the way as well. When I repaired and replaced the damaged pipes, switched it on and threw the trip out, the customer had wired the RCCD wrong, we aim to help where we can, but flaming nora my patience do eventually wear thin.

Abe
24-09-2007, 11:03 AM
I have just installed a dual split hitachi system which I purchased online, this wasn't to save money as I had engineers come out and they insisted that the installation could not be done.

Engineers said it could not be done?
Then who did it?
Was it yourself or them

It could be but was just very time consuming & not easy. However I paid quite a lot for this system & have also paid the company to commission as this was part of the service.

This part is very confusing and doesnt make sense
It appears the company was paid to carry out the install which they have done, but wont do the final connections.

Why?
Have they not been paid perhaps?
Are they not a reputable
Have you fallen out?

I now find myself with a system which is a lovely ornament as the suppliers have broken promise after promise to do the commissioning.

Have they given a reason why they wont commission?
Always two sides to a story
You need to elaborate more why

Can any of you guys help? It requires 4 flares & gassing. I live in North London and would appreciate any help.

Its tempting to want to go tackle this one. But I would be wary as the poster doesnt exactly come across validly with full explanations and history.

Im sorry for being cynical, but Ive been in the trade long enough to sense when things dont quite look right.