PDA

View Full Version : Whirlpool fridge/freezer

kottauy
04-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi, we have just bought a house with one of these fridge/freezers in and have changed the water filter (successfully) , however the light on 'reset' will not change back to green, anyone got any ideas we can try please?

Thanks

slingblade
04-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi, is this the one with the ice maker and the side by side thin freezer and wide fridge?
If so i have one and my filter light has been on for 8 months, i just ignore it but i do have a manual somewhere and may look it up just out of curiosity.

kottauy
04-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Yes it is the side by side freezer (with ice-maker) and fridge, if the light won't change how long do the filters usually last (approx)?

Cheers

slingblade
04-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Book says press light switch 5 times in 10 seconds to reset filter light from red to green after changing filter.

Given i drink water straight from the tap anyway i am inclined to dismiss all the clart that whirlpool have written about concerning microbiologically unsafe contaminents as they are trying to sell filters. i suspect that the filter change system is linked to the number of solenoid valve openings (ice made or water drank). And as such you may very well not die from using the filter till it just blocks up and no water comes out.

£45 + VAT.

cheers

slingblade.

P.S. How long do the filters last? LOL how should i know, till they block up i suppose.

kottauy
04-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Thanks for that!