PDA

View Full Version : Why do ????

bernard
02-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Hi

Why do some companies install A/C where you need a scissor lift or like just to clean the filters.Surely the customers must have been ill advised.

Regards Bernard

Brian_UK
02-10-2006, 10:54 PM
They install them like that because they do not do the maintenance on them.

Any installation of ANY equipment, A/C of otherwise, should take into account any needs for service access. I am of the opinion that every salesman should be given the task of the first service on anything that he sells.

winfred.dela
02-10-2006, 11:34 PM
Or maybe some smart guy (not the contractor) do not want to see any hangers or supports. :)

Up there it will not be seen by all.
Its only the ref or aircon guys who try to find the indoor/outdoor unit and figure out how the place is being cooled or heated. ;)

rbartlett
03-10-2006, 05:44 AM
we've just done an install with 8 or so condensers and the customer insisted they went 6m up on the wall. He then insisted that they all had cages round them. Nothing we could do would convince him otherwise so up they went ;-)

Cheers

Richard

davej
03-10-2006, 07:22 AM
So is he servicing them himself then!!!!!!

we always try to explain if they have a breakdown scaffold will be reqiured for safe access and this will prolong downtime while scaffold is arranged, delivered and errected. even with zip up unless you own your own theres still a delay for hire company to deliver
Be good fun getting at hem if the cages are those awful BBj things. good luck with them

taz24
05-10-2006, 01:05 PM
The customer is somtimes the worste person to deal with:) They should be banned!!!
What winds me up the most though is when the customer and the sales man work somthing out together and then expect you to install it or repair it.
Design and sales guys must be made to work on the jobs they do. It would give them a different perspective on life. Instalation is not always about the lowest price.

Cheers taz.

topcool
08-10-2006, 12:35 PM
hello i'm new to this site what do we think of chigo a c units please

frank
08-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Not used them myself so I can't comment except that they advertise that they use compressors made by all the big names
http://www.china-chigo.com/en/products.asp?Tid=3