PDA

View Full Version : Gas Handling certificates

frosty2
01-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi All,

I've been doing the job for 16yrs and just learnt it as i've gone along. Read articles about being certified, and that theres a deadline coming up can anyone advise me on this deadline and the implications of it.

Many thanks,

Frosty2 :confused:

Brian_UK
01-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the forum Frosty2.

One deadline is the December this year and will prevent you from working on R22 kit.

Are you self-employed or employed ?

Argus
02-10-2006, 09:30 AM

Handlers of HCFCs (R22 for instance) in England & Wales need to hold either of the two safe handling certificates that are available in the UK.

New rules made it mandatory from July 10th this year. ‘Experienced’ individuals without the certificate have a 9 month transition period until 9 April 2007 to obtain one.
It will be illegal to handle HCFCs without it.

Although a separate piece of legislation, the same rule will apply for all the Fluorinated gases under the F gas regulations that came into force on 4 July this year and take effect from the same date in 2007. The UK Govt will need to draft a statutory instrument to enforce the penalties.

Scotland and Northern Ireland have separates legislatures, but the rules will be the same in both places.

Hope this helps.

frosty2
02-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks for your replies.

This answers my question. I'm currently employed.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Many Thanks

Frosty2