PDA

View Full Version : Too close?

Jase
01-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Are there any piping length restrictions on close control units? i.e minimum & maximum runs.
The unit in question is an Airedale, unfortunately no model number available as of yet.
The customer has drawn up plans for positioning of the units and it seems that the internal unit and the external unit will be approximately within 2-3 metres of each other.
Is this pipe run too short?

Regards
Jase

frank
01-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Are there any piping length restrictions on close control units? i.e minimum & maximum runs.
The unit in question is an Airedale, unfortunately no model number available as of yet.
The customer has drawn up plans for positioning of the units and it seems that the internal unit and the external unit will be approximately within 2-3 metres of each other.
Is this pipe run too short?

Regards
Jase

Good point Jase.

If the unit comes pre-charged then it may be, for the added charge, but knowing Airedale, I don't think it will be pre-charged.

If it doesn't have a suction accumulator (which I doubt Airedale fit) then you will have to be careful with the superheat to prevent liquid returning to the compressor under low load conditions.

There are generally maximum piping restrictions due to compressor pumping capacities but not minimum restrictions - if there were, you would see some large window rattlers :D :D

rbartlett
01-10-2006, 10:53 PM
airedale are pre charged with nitrogen just like the good old days'

there is no min restriction on pipe length and all are tex controlled(either man or elect)

cheers

richard