PDA

View Full Version : walk in freezer

tonto33
28-09-2006, 11:35 AM
hi,
been asked to build an 6x5 walk in freezer for farmer friend as only done domestic refrigeration wot kind of things am i gonna need to make this happen.and where to obtain
any advice be great thanx

Samarjit Sen
28-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Please send the following information to me so that I can work out the load and design the system for you. Once you have the equipments there would not be any problem as you are very much aware of this feild wether it is domestic or commercial.

1. The dimensions of the freezers
2. Inside required temperature.
3. Insulation material and thickness.
4. Product quantity and the temperature of the same.
5. What is the product .
6. Ambient temperature.

With best wishes,

1torr
30-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Get a Porkka room from NRS.

US Iceman
01-10-2006, 03:43 AM
I would recommend a pre-fabricated walk-in freezer with floor. Trying to build a freezer out of common building materials may sound tempting, but it almost always leads to on-going trouble. Have your customer spend the money for a freezer good enclosure.

If the freezer has to operate all year long, another consideration is where would you place the compressor/condenser unit? Outdoors would be preferable, but for winter time operation the unit will require head pressure controls.

I would also recommend you use a commercial refrigeration system built by a reputable manufacturer. The compressor/condenser unit can be purchased with all of the components pre-built and pre-wired.

If you have not done this before, this could be the most expedient method with the greatest chance of success for both you and the friend.

It's not the cheapest, but I think he would appreciate the reliability.

johnnyboy
05-10-2009, 09:12 PM
SRW in West Sussex sell to the trade. They will supply purpose built freezers with floors made by coldkit and a complete refrigeration kit to suit make life easy for you. Their Tel No is 01273 455530