PDA

View Full Version : CO 2 training possibilities

DubbelJoe
27-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi all,

Just joined and already asking questions, must be a Dutch guy :)

My question is about training / Handling / Procedures when working on CO2 industrial refrigeration plants.

I found out that BOC UK has a specific training and also Grenco NL, but apart from that, I didn't find any other information.

So, please help me if you can.

Best regards,
DubbelJoe

DubbelJoe
28-09-2006, 04:51 PM
I might be impatience, but doesn’t anybody have anything to say about training?
How did you guys find out everything you know than :confused: ?
(24 viewer already ;) )

Regards,

DubbelJoe

US Iceman
28-09-2006, 06:47 PM
How did you guys find out everything you know than :confused: ?

Most of the training takes place over many years of working on a lot of different systems. Most of the training schools that may be available are essentially teaching the basics of refrigeration, principles, analysis, etc.

With this I specifically talking about commercial refrigeration/HVAC.

Finding training on ammonia systems can be even more difficult.

CO2 is just starting to be used more often now (once again after about a 40 year absence). It might be a while before we see any CO2 refrigeration schools.;)

frank
28-09-2006, 08:24 PM
CO2 is just starting to be used more often now (once again after about a 40 year absence). It might be a while before we see any CO2 refrigeration schools.;)

Or anyone experienced enough to teach :)

US Iceman
28-09-2006, 10:50 PM
That's a good point Frank. Most of us are having to learn it ourselves as it was very uncommon to find this until the last 10 years or so.

While CO2 was being used more often years ago, those guys are all retired, if they are still with us at all.

Until this new trend started the only place you might find a CO2 system was in a brewery. I'm not sure how that fits into your buiness plan, but I suspect it is close to your heart.:D

DubbelJoe
29-09-2006, 09:02 AM
At the moment we are in the process of building various large CO2 refrigeration plants in the EU and in Eastern Europe. Because I have to find ways to educate people, I was just wondering about courses that are already out there.

I will attend a training in the UK on the 9th of november. I can post my experiences here for all?

regards,

DubbelJoe

Andy P
29-09-2006, 02:27 PM
I found out that BOC UK has a specific training and also Grenco NL, but apart from that, I didn't find any other information.

Hi Joe,

Is it the BOC training you are going to? I guess they will tell you that you need to use "refrigerant grade" CO2 at £££/kg instead of industrial grade:D . My experience is that for bigger systems - especially with tanker deliveries - industrial grade is fine.

You may be interested to know that the Institute of Refrigeration in London produced a CO2 code a few years ago, and Hans Wijbenga translated and published a Dutch language version of it. There was also a rather fine :cool: short course on CO2 maintenance at the Gustav Lorentzen conference in Glasgow in 2004. Proceedings available from IoR in London
http://www.ior.org.uk/ior_filter_technical.php?r=ANE44AJ0
(or anyone who was there)

cheers
Andy P

US Iceman
29-09-2006, 03:34 PM
I can post my experiences here for all?

Please do this. I'm sure it may also help others who have similar questions.

ART KUHN
21-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi all

I work frequently with CO2 cascade systems and i learned by doing it.To me the most importand rule is to avoid liquid to evaporate below 6Barg so you will not get 'snow' in your system.Our CO2 provider says it will disapear in 6 hours but i've seen a lot of trouble in smaller pipes (6to10 mm) with getting clogged.
I still think it is good to collect experiences

ragards Art

Peter_1
21-11-2006, 09:59 PM
DubbelJoe, werk je soms bij GTI?

Peter_1
21-11-2006, 10:01 PM
I will attend a training in the UK on the 9th of november. I can post my experiences here for all?

I'm anyhow interested and just noticed now your thread.
I think we all can learn from you.

ART KUHN
22-11-2006, 04:59 PM
DubbelJoe, werk je soms bij GTI?

ik heb er 5,5 jaar gewerkt in Den bosch

DubbelJoe
19-03-2007, 03:27 PM
sorry guys, been away for some time.
The BOC training did not happen.
Somehow they changed their minds on having the
training in Holland. So I'm trying to find a new training.
Any sugestions yet?

Best regards,
DubbelJoe

co2 donkey
17-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Hi all

I went on a Co2 training course in Denmark at the DTI Danish Technoogical Institute. It was a great help in understanding how Co2 works as a refrigerent.
Also explained on all styles of systems & there advantages.

Donkey