PDA

View Full Version : Ammonia Absorption System

Samarjit Sen
26-09-2006, 06:55 AM
With an ammonia absorption system, what is the minimum Evaporative Temperature that could be attained and as compared with refrigeration reciprocating system what would be the operating expense. I am talking about a refrigeration capacity of 171 kw. As I know that for the operation of the absorption system, heat is required. Does it work economical for an unit where there is no heat generation is available and to operate this, an extra boiler has to be installed. Kindly explain to me the working and some technical details of this system.

With best wishes,

Brian_UK
26-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Are you looking for refrigeration usage or for air conditioning?

For some general information ona/c try this file:-
http://www.robur.it/gestione/immagini/allegati_prodotti/GA_05-03-2006.pdf

Samarjit Sen
26-09-2006, 02:08 PM
No the application is not for air conditioning. The temperatures shall be varying from -20 Deg C Te to + 7 Deg C Te, It is a Dairy project. My client has asked me to use the ammonia absorption system as he feels that the capital cost would be less and the reccurring cost will also be lower.

Josip
26-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Hi, Samarjit Sen :)

please take a look:

http://www.guha.biz/absorption_refrigeration.htm

http://www.guha.biz/typical_layout.htm

http://www.guha.biz/avar.zip

Hope this will help,

Best regrds, Josip :)

munesh
27-09-2006, 11:51 AM
hi can anyone tell me about the market estimations for the vapor absorption system in india.

Samarjit Sen
27-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Dear Munesh,

I presume you want to know as to what is the requirement of the absorption system in India. These units are very feasible for units where there are a lot of heat is available. The capital cost is high, but the reccurring expenses are low. But then there are limitations to the temperature available. In case for getting the heatgenerationhas to be procured extra then I would not advice any one to go for such units.

The vapour compression systems are much better than any other. I am trying to find out more about the absorption system as I might have to get involved with an unit.

TXiceman
28-09-2006, 03:48 AM
We manufacture custom ammonia absorption units for the industrial market. These are highly customized units and typically cost 3 to 5 times the cost of a mechanical system. Temperature wise we can run down to -40 dF using double and triple effect desighs. Sort of like compounding a mechanocal system.

As for space, you are looking at a multilevel (stacked) unit that is at least double the foot print of a mechanical system.

If you have a waste heat source, you can generally make a ammonia absortion unit pay out in a reasonable time. If you are using a heat source that you are having to generate, it is usually no a feasible approach.

you can see a brochure on AAAR systems at http://www.toromontsystems.com/library/AAAR%20System.pdf

munesh
28-09-2006, 06:03 AM
Dear Samarjit
thanks for the information. If presumably I could get the total market size and the market share of various players in this category, it would be of great help.
Also it is used in other places where the heat is generated through other modes and is not readily available. With more emphasis on the environmental friendly systems I do presume these to be coming in a big way.:)

Regards

Dear Munesh,

I presume you want to know as to what is the requirement of the absorption system in India. These units are very feasible for units where there are a lot of heat is available. The capital cost is high, but the reccurring expenses are low. But then there are limitations to the temperature available. In case for getting the heatgenerationhas to be procured extra then I would not advice any one to go for such units.

The vapour compression systems are much better than any other. I am trying to find out more about the absorption system as I might have to get involved with an unit.

Samarjit Sen
28-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Dear TXiceman,

As you said that you are making custom built absorption system. My requirement would be about 172 kw with a temperature of - 20 Deg. C. Is it feasable for your company to make this unit. In case it is kindly intimate your e mail id so that I may send a formal enquiry.

Samarjit Sen
28-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Hi Munesh,

If you read TXiceman,s post you will realise that unless you have heat generating system, the feasibility is not there.

However in India, you have Thermax, Hitachi and Guha, who are the leading suppliers. But one thing I can tell you is that when these equipments are marketted, the sales people emphasise on the capital cost and say very less heta is required. Once you have installed it then you realise that how expensive is the running cost. I know a number of projects where after using for a couple of years the customer reverted to the reciprocating system.

munesh
29-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi Samarjit,
I have come to know that there are some relaxations by the government of India on installation of the Vapor Absorption System. Is it true and can you plese tell me what the relaxations are?

Regards

Samarjit Sen
29-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Dear Munesh,

I am sorry. I am not aware of the relaxations provided by the Government of India on the Vapour Absorption Systems.

With best wishes,

bruceboldy
02-10-2006, 12:29 AM
hey tx iceman
maybe you will look like a star this week with a good absorber rfq nice going Ken......

I am in Haiti this week trying to finish my Mango freezer
and pick up a hotel ac job..

david

munesh
04-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks a lot for the information.

Regards