PDA

View Full Version : What happens to all our contaninated reclaim?

dogma
25-09-2006, 02:33 PM
:eek:

Check this out. I never Knew how much actually went into the destrustion of refrigerants once we've discarded it.

http://www.greenhouse.gov.au/ggap/rra.html

:D

Regards

DOGMA

Robert Rumpff
01-11-2006, 09:55 PM
I wonder what other means are used world wide.
I always figured they distilled it and sold it back to us at a huge profit.

old gas bottle
02-11-2006, 07:49 PM
over this side a big percentage is high temp insinerated,it pee,s be off, mixes are treated the same, and any blends or drop in,s too, no where near enough money has been invested in new technoligy to recycle more.

dogma
04-11-2006, 07:54 AM
I was working in a construction site a couple of weeks ago and saw first hand where these guys disposed of thier refrigerant.

I wittnessed the dumping of 400kg of R22 into the atmosphere. geese it made me wild. I just thought to myself, how many companies do the same to save on labour costs. Bloody unbelieveable.

I hope they get cancer and die. :)

winfred.dela
04-11-2006, 09:23 PM
I wittnessed the dumping of 400kg of R22 into the atmosphere. geese it made me wild. I just thought to myself, how many companies do the same to save on labour costs. Bloody unbelieveable.

I thought this kind of thing happens only in places like ours, where the implementation is not too strict.

But happening to country like yours, you must feel very bad/sick.
Especially if they do it with a lot of people around. :mad:

If i may ask: what penalty will they have if the gov't will prove they've done something like this? :confused:

old gas bottle
07-11-2006, 03:49 PM
here,s one for the chaps who know,wonder how the c arbon balance works out between venting refrigerant and the high temperature destruction,obviousley in the favour of destruction but by what percentage, ps this is just a theretical question no way do i vent.

dogma
12-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Hi old gas bottle.

I see where your comming from but my real problem with the outlined incedent is the release of a HCFC. R22.
The clorine releaase is what stresses me the most.

The ozone layer is playing second fiddle to carbon emmisions at the moment, but they are intertwined. I don't know if any scientic link has been made but the ozone layer concerns me a lot more than carbon emissons. There is no quik fix. I'll have to research and get back to you on figures, and "winfred.delta", I'll have to do the same for you. Please be patient I'm only logging in every 30days or so. Just too dam busy. But I will reply.

Regards

Dogma

dogma
12-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Ps. old gas bottle. Are you a kiwi? just noticed the flag in your avatar.

old gas bottle
13-11-2006, 07:53 AM
no mate,old blighty, took the pic for the a/c unit on holiday at a campsite outside venice, most of the workers were aus/n-z students, what a life !!