PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend an engineer in/near Harrow, West London?

paulbo
21-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Hi guys,

I've got a Millenniumair split unit 3.5kw install in my home office - it's on 24/7 as there are a number of computer in the room and it needs to be cool. I'd originally installed it as a DIY job (from reading these forums, seems that wasn't the best choice). Anyway, it went wrong (LED error codes) and the guys who supplied it sent an engineer to repace both the indoor and outdoor units. However, about 18 months later, and after this hot summer, the compressor is making a groaning/asthmatic sort of noise when it's working. The noise comes and goes as the compressor cuts in and out.

I'm not interested in attempting a DIY fix - I'm looking for a professional to have a look at it. I'm hoping that it's (a) lost gas, (b) isn't damaged, and (c) can simply be topped up. I don't know much about this sort of stuff.

Can anybody recommend an engineer local to the area who might be interested?

I've also got a split unit in my loft conversion - sourced from the same people who supplied the one above - which was installed by an engineer recommended by the guys who did the loft conversion. Work fine for 8-10 months, then stopped blowing out cold air. Compressor can still be heard, one of the coolant pipes is cool (ie: not ice cold). I'm guessing that the bl**dy builders put a nail through a pipe, as the pipe is buried through a stud wall. I'd like an engineer to pressure-test that, to see if the pipe is a problem, and, if not, to fix that as per (a), (b) and (c) above. If it's a punctured pipe, I'd look to buy the copper pipe from that engineer, self install the pipework (through wall, under floor, etc) and then get him back to connect up both ends and gas it up. Again, recommendations please.

Guess we're all allowed to make mistakes with this self-install-and-save-money idea, but I think I'll stick to computers and stuff from now on. Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Paul
paul@bluenowhere.co.uk

chillin out
21-09-2006, 11:22 PM
Guess we're all allowed to make mistakes with this self-install-and-save-money idea, but I think I'll stick to computers and stuff from now on. Any recommendations would be gratefully received.
We all make mistakes at some point or other so I am not going to put you down, but.... due to lack of experiance and information from the wrong people (Mr Millenniumair) you could have injured yourself or others that are in the house.

Although most fridge gases are not flamable they are dangerous and should really only be handled by qualified techs (but thats not the law in this country unfortunatly).

Glad to see you have made a wise decision to get a pro in to sort it out, I am sure MRcoolingMAGIC will be able to assist you.

Chillin:) :)

paulbo
28-09-2006, 04:51 PM
:D Hi
I live at NW10 if you think that i could be in some help send me personal message and i will se what i can do for you.:D or e mail me yakokuche@yahoo.com

Thanks for the reply. I've sent you an email, with more details and moy contact number: please get in touch if you have a moment to discuss further.

Thanks,
Paul

paulbo
14-10-2006, 04:16 PM
All,

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get in touch with MRcoolingMAGIC - is there anybody else in the area, or can recommend someone in the area, who'd be interested in this job?

Regards
Paul

chillin out
15-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Use the PM (private message) system on here, not a good idea to post your e-mail or mobile number.

Chillin:) :)