PDA

View Full Version : Scrolls

Peter_1
20-09-2006, 09:32 PM
A small but usefull website http://www.copeland-corp.com/americas/en_scroll/8.htm

LRAC
20-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey guy's

remember when removing scroll compressors to cut the pipework and not un-braze them, you get a massive flame thrower on the discharge side which 1 of our blokes discovered after not reading the instructions on the side of the compressor,hence to say he S*** himself.:D

regards
LRAC

ernestlin
21-09-2006, 03:25 AM
Sympathize with this guy! Sometimes, inattention will lead to big mistake. BTW, What's the different things between the Scroll condensing units and the Hermetical Reciprocating uints? I have no idea about the scrolls, may the oil circular?

The Saint
21-09-2006, 07:49 AM
Sympathize with this guy! Sometimes, inattention will lead to big mistake. BTW, What's the different things between the Scroll condensing units and the Hermetical Reciprocating uints? I have no idea about the scrolls, may the oil circular?

On Scroll Compressors there are two, spiral-shaped members fit together, forming crescent shaped gas pockets. One member remains stationary, while the second orbits relative to the first. As the spiral movement continues, gas is drawn in and forced toward the center of the scroll form, creating increasingly higher gas pressures and discharging the gas from the port of the fixed scroll member.

The Saint
21-09-2006, 08:00 AM
Hey guy's

remember when removing scroll compressors to cut the pipework and not un-braze them, you get a massive flame thrower on the discharge side which 1 of our blokes discovered after not reading the instructions on the side of the compressor,hence to say he S*** himself.:D

regards
LRAC

You may unbraze the sytem provided all of the pressure is removed

jinxycat
13-10-2006, 07:38 AM
and not to forget scrolls hate the "pump" test, eg. lets see if she`ll suck 30" ,LOL.

taz24
13-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Ive tried to insert a file that was developed by Copeland / Emmerson that demonstated how the scroll work and how they are built. I have attached them but they do not seem to have been sent correctly.
They are very good and demonstate the scrol well.
How do you attach graffics?

Cheers taz.

taz24
13-10-2006, 06:34 PM
The file I wanted to send are 3 and 4 meg in size and I think that there is a limit to the size of the file that can be sent.

Cheers taz.

Peter_1
16-10-2006, 06:45 AM
Why you dont try with www.megaupload.com so that we all can read it?

ernestlin
16-10-2006, 09:12 AM
On Scroll Compressors there are two, spiral-shaped members fit together, forming crescent shaped gas pockets. One member remains stationary, while the second orbits relative to the first. As the spiral movement continues, gas is drawn in and forced toward the center of the scroll form, creating increasingly higher gas pressures and discharging the gas from the port of the fixed scroll member.

Hi, saint. Tks for your explanation, but I wanna know something about the design of the units, not the compressor, and I know the work theory of scrolls. :> So, could you tell me some design differences between those two type units? Such as the design of the oil separator or others.