PDA

View Full Version : Weird science

Steve
05-03-2001, 08:56 PM
Anybody out there got any weird hobbies....?

I for one use to have a bit of an obsession collecting old punk albums, used to drag the wife round the old markets on cold winter days looking for that elusive Sex Pistols or Clash picture disk (which I found) and still have.

No record player any more though.....

WebRam
05-03-2001, 09:07 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahaah ....choke choke ......hahahahahahahahahahaha

sniff, sniff, ahhhh As you know, I love going out on my hovercraft and ending up in hospital ;)

So, you gave up that hobby then Steve?

Steve
05-03-2001, 09:34 PM
Yes..First came children and then poverty now I am forced to listen to Britney Spears, S Club 7, Steps or aaaaggggggghhhhh ABBA

What happened to a man being king of his home..?

or at least of the CD player...!

starman
26-03-2001, 11:52 PM
OK, since I have been Outed :)

I am a Star Trek freek, I love all the next generation stuff, any other Trekers out there ?

Latte
10-10-2003, 10:17 PM
Weird Hobbies,
Well i think most people would find mine weird !!!!!
Coaches (NOT BUSSES anyone call's me a BUS driver gets a slap) & Planes (Civil not them airfix kits the yanks keep flying over my house all day long).
It probably stems from all the time i spent at Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted & Luton airports when i was a coach driver spending all day driving from one to the other. Just been on Sutraks website to see how the a/c works on coaches anyone out there ever worked on a plane.

frank
11-10-2003, 06:20 PM
The only work I've done on a plane is fetching and carrying for the missus!! :D

Brian_UK
12-10-2003, 10:42 PM
Well, yes I do have a PCV licence but have to admit that it was for driving buses.... still it's the same licence whatever you drive eh ??

Also I used to do AC on small aircraft, Cessna etc, not the biggys which was fun. Well at least it was cleaner than working on cars :D

DaBit
13-10-2003, 10:44 AM
One of my hobbies is to chill the PC's microprocessor to low temperatures. A large wooden plate full with compressors and piping to chill a mere 1 square centimeter. Now, that is what most of you would consider weird...

electricstuff
15-08-2004, 05:57 PM
How about making Million volt sparks (http://www.electricstuff.co.uk/)

Latte
15-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Hi all,

when my kids havn't got Harry ###### Potter or Thinderbirds on the DVD, i am getting into The West Wing in a big way, now got the first three series on DVD and it's strangely addivtive. If only politics was like this in the real world.

Regards

Raymond

Brian_UK
15-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Yes Ray, I do wonder why the UK still can't make a decent drama series. It started with Hill Street Blues and now we have West Wing - great. Where are we in the UK - geeez it's Big Brother, just no contest is it ?

halwaya
16-08-2004, 07:16 AM
Well.. as i am out of bussiness I can only chat here in that "downtown" clipboard :)
but somehow I liked being here and I visit often

As it goes to my weird hobbies I enjoy preparing mushrooms to eat ;)

greetings !

frank
16-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Magic mushrooms?

halwaya
17-08-2004, 04:33 AM
no.. something like meadow mushroom
i love to peel them :D

Latte
17-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Hi Brian,

Dont know why we can't do it either, i suppose it's easier for the TV companies to import decent US programmes than to make there own.

Got to say though, Waking the dead has been very good again this year but the brains :eek: at the BBC have killed off Claire Goose this week :( . Is there any point watching it anymore

Regards

Raymond

willies boy
18-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Steve: Ive just got a TY250 Yam ,up in Nottm/Leics though,bit far to "green lane" down to you ! :D

botrous
20-01-2005, 12:45 AM
My weirdes hobby is that i sometimes stay all night playing blackjack and draw poker on my computer just to win number on my screen lololol

shogun7
20-01-2005, 01:20 AM
Anybody out there got any weird hobbies....?

I for one use to have a bit of an obsession collecting old punk albums, used to drag the wife round the old markets on cold winter days looking for that elusive Sex Pistols or Clash picture disk (which I found) and still have.

No record player any more though.....

I enjoy knitting..you know, knit 1, perl 2 :D