PDA

View Full Version : ice rink

mjakub
21-02-2002, 03:28 AM
mjakub76@hotmail.com
I'm looking for an information about ice rinks, different refrigeration systems etc. if you now where i can find something about it, please e-mail me .
P.S. I'm a student and I need this information because I 'm going to make project about refrigeration system for ice rink. In this case I'm looking for any article, book or web site where I can find it.:)

Mike Hopkins
16-03-2002, 02:02 AM
Try www.burleys.com for starters. Give me some time and I'll find the others I have.
Mike Hopkins

mjakub
18-03-2002, 01:04 AM
thanks for help

Andy
18-03-2002, 02:50 PM
Hi, try these two sites. http://star-ref.co.uk or http://cimcorefrigeration.com
I some of you already know I work for Star Refrigeration, we would fit the majority of Ice Rinks in the UK. Cimco fit Ice Rinks worldwide, mostly though in North America.
Regards. Andy.

SIVAKUMAR
24-03-2002, 03:59 PM
Hai Mjacub , Look on ASHRAE Refrigeration Handbook . Ice
Rings have been dealth Nicely in that book.

Best of Luck.

R.Sivakumar

mjakub
28-03-2002, 04:44 AM
thaks, that's what i did, and it was good idea. i found a lot of informations there. now i'm looking for, how to calculate heat gain for ice rink, and something about freezing protection.

SNi
06-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Hi
You can find very usefull information in YORK`s - Artifical iccerink manual.

skatedoctor
24-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Hi Guys, new here to RE so be nice!!!!

Im think ing of building a 'small ice rink pad' in a pro shop that im going to open, ill be looking at a size of around 6m width and 10m length.

What size chiller unit would you recommend for this type of install. Also what type of piping would you use to keep the ice cool?

Ive been doing some research on but only found the likes of calmac's ice mat, and that fold out ice rink the aluminium type, some people use rubber piping and plastic piping. There is a company here in the UK that uses a system called 'Mitra' which uses pipe which looks like plastic electrical flexible conduit!

As much information as possible would be great.
Thanks

TXiceman
24-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Most rinks in the US have been going in with glycol chillers and plastic pipes in the floor. You can have a concrete floor or a sand floor.

The chiller needs to be sized based on the rink use and ambients. Waht do you intend to do about scraping or shaving the ice? It has to be done on a regular basis. The ice is also usually dumped in a slush pit that uses compressor heat to melt the ice. The rinks wea re servicing here are all ammonia refrigerant.

Yo also need to consider some reduntancy in the compressors so that if you loose a compressorm you are not out of business.

If I were you, I'd look for a small independent consulting engineer to guide you through all of the design parameters

skatedoctor
26-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Most rinks in the US have been going in with glycol chillers and plastic pipes in the floor. You can have a concrete floor or a sand floor.

The chiller needs to be sized based on the rink use and ambients. Waht do you intend to do about scraping or shaving the ice? It has to be done on a regular basis. The ice is also usually dumped in a slush pit that uses compressor heat to melt the ice. The rinks wea re servicing here are all ammonia refrigerant.

Yo also need to consider some reduntancy in the compressors so that if you loose a compressorm you are not out of business.

If I were you, I'd look for a small independent consulting engineer to guide you through all of the design parameters

I understand what you mean, but as i say this is only going to be a small pad in a shop. I just need information on which chiller and how to work out the sizing of one.

SIGNSTU
09-05-2007, 02:30 PM
what is small, insulated floor? , room temp etc

skatedoctor
15-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Yeah its going to be small around 6m width and 10m length.
The existing shop floor is concrete, so was going to build a wood grid, plywood level the structure off, insulation boards, then put plastic sheet down the build up from there.

So need a chiller for that purpose.
Not sure on what the room temperature would be at the moment.

I saw a calculation from a company which does outside rinks and their calculation was you nedd 300w per meter square.

skatedoctor
15-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Has anybody heard of this mitra rink grid piping system?
A certain company uses it here in the uk, ive asked for information, but yet no reply.