PDA

View Full Version : Temperature Monitoring

bernard
15-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Hi

Does anyone know the legal requirements for temperature recording of refrigeration equipment.

I believe it has to be manually checked every 4 hours and recorded in a log,if there is no monitoring system in place.

Thanks for your input.

Regards Bernard

arcticmonkey
15-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Hi Bernard only its only me.
from what i understand the legal requirement is 4 hours but its up the the individual when they want to do it.
for example sainsburys do theirs every 6 hours and you can imagine they have the odd cabinet on defrost ever time they do a check,this is a pain as its always someone differant doing it daily.
i can only speak for sainsburys coz thats the bulk of my work.

cheers.

bernard
15-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi

150 cases evey 6 hours,do you think parasence told sainsbury,s that their staff would have to do this if their monitoring system went down after 5 pm or for a whole weekend when they sold them the contract.I also look after J.S.

Regards Bernard

arcticmonkey
15-09-2006, 09:41 PM
its been done before or so they have told us.they dont care because if a case goes down they try and claim stock loss from monitoring company.to be honest i havent had a store out for more than a day because all of ours are rms or elm.its only since parasence has come in that they are trying out different controls.

arcticmonkey
15-09-2006, 09:44 PM
sainsburys have succesfully claimed against parasence because they havnt monitored some stores after a refit.i myself have had a store off for a week but luckily most of the cases were still on rcs and i had managed to keep the computor.

Peter_1
15-09-2006, 10:03 PM
In Belgium, every cold droom or freezer every 15' automatically but there's no control on it.
All the smaller rooms or chest freezers twice a day and this may be done manually.

NoNickName
15-09-2006, 11:53 PM
HACCP regulations are very well documented on the web