PDA

View Full Version : Bulkhead units

Temprite
14-09-2006, 12:39 PM
G'day all.

Was wondering if anyone here had installed the Daikin low static CDX bulkhead units for the super multi or super multi plus.

Can you install a small length of ductwork to the return and supply air and still get adequate air supply.

Have any members ever installed them in this way and if so was it a success.

Thanks in advance.

frank
14-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Can't say that I have Temprite. Do you have a link to the CDX unit. It's not one I've come across.

All of the ducted Daikin units in the UK have the facility to increase static pressure settings through the controller.

puddleboy3
14-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Hi there, going by the install manuals and the databook this unit is only available in the multisplit family. The unit it self looks more like a hotel application unit that has no ducting just a grille. By the sound of things a FDNQ low static unit maybe a better option for you that you could fit ducting too and as frank says adjust the static pressure through remote controller field settings. I have the manuals on the CDX unit and the FDNQ, UK version. Just let me know and i'll send you them. Hope this helps!:)

Temprite
16-09-2006, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the replies chaps.

Try this.

www.daikin.com.au/product.asp?pid=206

puddleboy3
16-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Checked out the link, the CDX unit down under looks just like the UK FDNQ. Cant work out why they dont just keep the same model numbers?

rbartlett
16-09-2006, 10:12 AM
yes we've used these models with a short run of ducting -no problems

cheers

richard

Temprite
18-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Thanks everyone.