PDA

View Full Version : Howden H&HP Screw Compressors

Josip
10-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi, all :)

Howden screw compressor type MK2B/H255/16536 industrial, oil free (chemical industry) born 1973, needs general overhaul.

Gas Propylene Oxide (Vi=77,88 m3/min = 2750 CFM)
Speed 6960 rpm

This is all I know now, so don't ask for more;)
Waiting for some photos to upload here...

I need compressor service manual.....help please, yes I will ask Howden but maybe someone here can help;)

Best regards, Josip :)

US Iceman
10-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Hi Josip,

I do not have any information on the dry Howden screw compressors.:(

All of the information I have is for the oil injected models.

Perhaps TXiceman will have some information or can direct you to a web address.

Sorry my friend,

US Iceman

Josip
10-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Hi, US Iceman :)

Thanks, for other types I have documentation. This is something not used in refrigeration (I think so:confused: )

I was hoping someone may have...let's see;)

US Iceman
11-09-2006, 01:25 AM
I think you are correct Josip. The dry screws are mainly for process gas compression.

TXiceman
12-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Afraid the best source of info will be Howden on the dry screws. This is pretty much a different beast than the oil injected machines.

I don't have anything on them. It will have a separate lube oil unit that will more akin to an API lube oil console. Shaft seals may be a single mechanical seal or a gas buffered double seal.

These machines are mostly used in process gas applications, often dirty gas service and have a much lower compression ratio per stage than a oil injected machine due to discharge temperature limitations.

Ken

Josip
15-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi,

here you can see exploded view of H&HP Howden oil free screw compressor.

There we have 4 different fluids flowing through this machine.

1. Working Gas (propylene oxid)
http://www.scorecard.org/chemical-profiles/summary.tcl?edf_substance_id=75-56-9
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_oxide
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=propylene+oxide&spell=1

2. Water (for cooling-double housing)

3. Nitrogen (higher pressure then working gas to provide sealing at suction and discharge end between gas and oil because this gas is highly explolsive and flamable)

4. Oil (for lubricating of slide bearings, journals and timing gear)

Do not know to much, please see links;)

Best regards, Josip:)

alora
21-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Hello.I'm new on this site.:)
I think it's very interesting especially this topic,because I work in a factory that produces propylene oxide and uses HOWDEN GODFREY LIMITED H255 compressors.We have some problems with this compressors, for instance over heating after general overhaul, maintenance in winter period when plant stops working.I have one more question - how much does it cost to remont the compressors and how much costs packing for compressors.
Best regards, Alora.

Josip
27-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Hi, Alora :)

Welcome to RE forums..

Hello.I'm new on this site.:)
I think it's very interesting especially this topic,because I work in a factory that produces propylene oxide and uses HOWDEN GODFREY LIMITED H255 compressors.We have some problems with this compressors, for instance over heating after general overhaul, maintenance in winter period when plant stops working.I have one more question - how much does it cost to remont the compressors and how much costs packing for compressors.
Best regards, Alora.

Are you working in Tuzla?

As per my knowledge...general overhaul of complete unit/aggregate can come up to 70%-80% of the price for new one...maybe I am not right but hope some other members will come with their experience to confirm/deny me;)....there are a lot of points to be considered....

SESHowdenHolima
14-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Dear All,
We have been packaging wet propane Howden compressors and have some experience overhauling them.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are still looking for information.
Regards Bas

Kashif Aziz
24-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Can anyone suggest Howden refrigeration compressor packagers in USA?

Grizzly
24-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Can anyone suggest Howden refrigeration compressor packagers in USA?

I suspect Howden USA will suffice?
Follow the link
Grizzly

http://www.howden.com/en/Businesses/HowdenCompressorsLtd/default.htm

Howdensupport
30-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi Josip,

Your compressor is indeed a bit different to the oil injected units normally discussed on this forum,we can offer you all the asisstance you may need, parts, service etc.

please e-mail hpc.aftersales@howden.com for help.:)

D.quals
26-10-2009, 04:22 PM
They say they are screw compressors, but look more like centrifugals. Regardless, I would think some oil in the system would be beneficial to lubricate the moving parts of the other components. Are there really refrigeration duty compressors available with this design?

RANGER1
26-10-2009, 08:43 PM
D.quals I think you are getting confused as this is a gas process so its not normal in the refrig world way of thinking .
If it were possible frig plants also would like oil free system like Turbochlor compressors .

The Howden is definately a screw compressor

2400martin
17-11-2009, 11:42 PM
The Howden THP range is suited with labyrinth sealing. basic not a easy compressor if you are not familar with them. but they we are able to overhaul them.

basel
21-11-2009, 03:36 PM
hi all i am fresh mechanical eng, and i saw this site hope to have a good expirence from older engineers,,
...bye bye