PDA

View Full Version : Where to position indoor unit

mordechai
09-09-2006, 09:44 PM
I am having installed a wall mounted split a/c unit in a church and in my house. in the church, it is 9metres by 5metres and I have been advised it would be better to install 2 units because air throw is only 8metres. Is that correct, guys? Or perhaps if is installed in the middle of the hall is that ok?

In my house the room is an L shape (the foot of the L is only about 2m wide). Can it be installed in the corner end of the foot of the L - elsewhere is too difficult- or will the air not blow around the bend.

A response will be much appreciated as I don't wnat to be conned.

NoNickName
10-09-2006, 10:45 AM
A corner unit would suffice. Like this

http://www.gree-ac.com/images/corner.gif

Just put it in the corner of the L

vijay_study
10-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi Mordechai,

1. Church:

From the data given my best guess is your hi wall split units would be of 3 TR capacity. In this case you can go for 1.5 TR x 2 Nos. Indoor units and 3.0 TR x 1 No. Outdoor Unit.

Yes, mounting two units will provide more better cooling than providing one unit in the center.

2. House:

Try fitting the unit in the lower part of 'L' it will provide good throw. Also, avoid to locate the unit at a place where it will provide direct throw on people. Its very discomforting.

Hope this information is of help.

Regards

Vijay Kumar
HVAC Engineer - India

mordechai
10-09-2006, 04:45 PM
thanks a million. I am not technical that's why i am paying money to have them installed so could you please explain what TR means. Also, I am having another install done to a U shaped area ahere one arm of the U is half the size of the other. what would you reccomend there

NoNickName
10-09-2006, 05:25 PM
TR = Tons of refrigeration, approx 3.5kW