PDA

View Full Version : Pin certain topics

A/C student
08-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Having just read through some of the refrigeration topics, I can quite easily see a problem which is going to keep occuring for aslong as lots of people are having the confusion over R22 and it being slowely fazed out.

What I'm saying is new people like myself are going to join the forum and ask the same question because they lack the forum etiquette of reading past topics or searching for the information that might have already been posted.

So pinning the R22 topic or someone on RE staff should post a thorough explaination and pin it.

Feel free to comment what Ive said. I know im only a noob myself but Ive been around forums for many years and I know It does start to become a chore to explain the same things over and over again.

A/C Student (btw I regret using this name now lol Should have gone with Dom)

Peter_1
08-09-2006, 08:45 PM
What do you mean with 'pin'?

chillin out
08-09-2006, 08:49 PM
What do you mean with 'pin'?

He means make the thread "sticky". Making a thread "sticky" will mean the thread will always remain at the top of the section in which it's placed.

Chillin:) :)

A/C student
08-09-2006, 09:27 PM
He means make the thread "sticky". Making a thread "sticky" will mean the thread will always remain at the top of the section in which it's placed.

Chillin:) :)

Sorry for any confusion.

I'm an IPB user normaly not VB lol

Brian_UK
08-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Partly agree with what you are suggesting however, people working in this trade, be it AC or fridge, should be well aware of the protocols regarding the usage of controlled substances.

Whilst I could not necessarily quote chapter and verse on the subject I know where I can get the answers.

Firstly my manager should be able to supply the information.

Secondly I can look it up myself.

Thirdly I can come to forum such as this and ask a question or two.

I don't feel that this forum, or any other for that matter, has a requirement to maintain an up to date legal section. Government websites already provide that service and the onus on a forum such as this would be too high to provide the same, updated, information.

I should add, I suppose, that these are my thoughts and not those of the forum or all moderators; I have put the flameproof suit on and am seated and ready ;)

Andy
09-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Partly agree with what you are suggesting however, people working in this trade, be it AC or fridge, should be well aware of the protocols regarding the usage of controlled substances.

Whilst I could not necessarily quote chapter and verse on the subject I know where I can get the answers.

Firstly my manager should be able to supply the information.

Secondly I can look it up myself.

Thirdly I can come to forum such as this and ask a question or two.

I don't feel that this forum, or any other for that matter, has a requirement to maintain an up to date legal section. Government websites already provide that service and the onus on a forum such as this would be too high to provide the same, updated, information.

I should add, I suppose, that these are my thoughts and not those of the forum or all moderators; I have put the flamproof suit on and am seated and ready ;)

Hi:)
refrigerant control legislation vary from country to country.
We have a worldwide forum so we can't be specific;)

Sweden would have different controls to India.

Kind Regards Andy:)