PDA

View Full Version : Heat recovery

Inalex
08-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Is there a simple way of recovering heat for hot water from an air cooled condenser?

Peter_1
08-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Bypassing the discharge line through a water reservoir.
Installing a plate HE with a pump.
Oh... also a good day to you and...welcome here.

Inalex
08-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Thank you for the fast welcome. I was hoping that it was as straight forward as that. Are there any hidden pitfalls to the HE installation?

Peter_1
08-09-2006, 06:44 PM
No, if you know what you're doing.
We have several heat reclaims, one of more then 12.000 l.

What's the size of the compressor, what's the purpose of the preheated water and how much water do you need?
You have to judge if the investment is worth the savings you will make. There's also teh environment that you will save with this, so even if it's a zero operation, you still help the environment for our kids.

davej
08-09-2006, 09:19 PM
if you look up the eureka boiler info on the internet they are supposed to be very efficient and i am told you can get a grant towards there cost.
the other i know of is the gledhill boiler and storage tank which we have used on various heat pumps for hot water with gshp's

Andy
08-09-2006, 09:57 PM
if you look up the eureka boiler info on the internet they are supposed to be very efficient and i am told you can get a grant towards there cost.
the other i know of is the gledhill boiler and storage tank which we have used on various heat pumps for hot water with gshp's

Eureka will be too expensive for a domestic application:)

The company I work for is the Irish agent for Eureka:)

I can give you details of the UK agent if you PM me:)

And yes they work and work well. Just started up a factory with a small 300 litres tank, much quicker than a boiler to heat water, even on a pack that was only running 2 out of three compressor (equivalent to 28 kw at this capacity).

Kind Regards Andy:)

davej
11-09-2006, 07:41 PM
i know your right Andy but he didnt say domestic did he?

we have only recently come across these eureka boilers,
are they as good as were told ?

Abby Normal
12-09-2006, 01:26 PM
The older, less efficient air conditioning systems, with higher discharge temperatures were great for generating hot water.

Desuperheaters kits have been commercially available on the western side of the atlantic for quite some time. Typically a small package with a coax heat exchanger and a potable water rated pump.

With higher efficiency systems and lower discharge temperatures, these systems seem to have become less popular.

Hot water recovery is popular for restaurants here, especially with the commercial kitchens being cooled.

Some niche products available, dectron even makes an AC where the entire heat of rejection can be used to make hot potable water.

http://www.thermoplus.com/dev/html_en/page_2_005_b.pdf

anand
16-09-2006, 05:08 PM
There are 1000 answers. However, best is to use desuperheaters. It is very popular in India. Visit manorenterprises website to get very good information about it.

chistine
20-12-2006, 03:52 AM
really good questions,we have manufactured this kind of unit by equipped extra condenser, now we can get 50-60 Deg C hot water , to know more,you can PM me, have a good day