PDA

View Full Version : Wine Cellar

mick5
07-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Hi all,
Just joined this web site and I am amazed at the amount of useful info here. I have a customer who we are installing a Daikin unit for and he also wants a unit for hes wine cellar.
We mainly install commercial and domestic A/C and was advised by HRP to install a Frigobohn MR270 and Silensys condenser.
The wine cellar is in the basement and has a wall at the back with a storage area with steps up to the rear garden. This is were the condenser would have to go. We are concerned about noise from the system as it is a rather nice house and location. The client has found units made by Fondis.com in the Wine mags but they look like converted window rattlers or a split type portable! to cool down to 12oC. Has anybody had any experience or advice on any of these types of systems.

Many Thanks

Michael

NoNickName
07-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Is it a case display?
If not, I would recommend a CCU with remote condenser, full spec, with hot gas bypass, reheat and humidifier (cork caps are sensitive to humidity).

rbartlett
07-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi all,
Just joined this web site and I am amazed at the amount of useful info here. I have a customer who we are installing a Daikin unit for and he also wants a unit for hes wine cellar.
We mainly install commercial and domestic A/C and was advised by HRP to install a Frigobohn MR270 and Silensys condenser.
The wine cellar is in the basement and has a wall at the back with a storage area with steps up to the rear garden. This is were the condenser would have to go. We are concerned about noise from the system as it is a rather nice house and location. The client has found units made by Fondis.com in the Wine mags but they look like converted window rattlers or a split type portable! to cool down to 12oC. Has anybody had any experience or advice on any of these types of systems.

Many Thanks

Michael

A customer of ours has one of the integral units which require ducting to the outdoors. Nothing special but not too noisy.

http://www.fondis.com/dn_integrated_solutions_wine/

We usually use an 'ebay special' 407c a/c condenser and a suitable fridge coil. However it's usually the indoor unit which is the loudest.

For my wifes old business I converted an old fujitsu window rattler with an eliwell stat to run her veg room -managed 6 deg's c plenty of defrosts-never no problem ;-)

Cheers

Richard

Peter_1
07-09-2006, 09:00 PM
The Silensys are specially made for very low noise applications.
But,...they're so expensive.

What we do in such an occasion...install an AC outdoor unit like Richard proposed. We've done it already many times and I find this a better and a much cheaper solution then the Silensys form Unithé Hermétique.
You have to select an AC unit which is rated at +/- double the capacity of the evaporator capacity.

mick5
11-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the info. Had not considered a hybrid type system. The cellar is below ground and 75 cubic metres. Was thinking of 4kw of cooling duty what type Indoor outdoor combination would you suggest. Intresting to see that the fondis type systems seem to be ok though. They are bit expensive too at £2700 for the biggest 2.5kw unit.

Many Thanks

Michael

Makeit go Right
12-09-2006, 12:53 PM
You could look at an Marstair/IMI "Cellarator". It is a split system designed for Beer/Wine cellars. They can deal with room temperatures down to 12 deg C (something like that). They have an electric heater to lift temp, if needed, so the room can be controlled between 22 and 12 deg C.

http://www.marstair.com/press_release_detail.asp?ID=23

Hope that helps.