PDA

View Full Version : Starting a fire with ice

US Iceman
07-09-2006, 02:25 AM
I found this when looking for some other information. Thought you might enjoy reading this.

http://www.primitiveways.com/ice-fire.html

botrous
11-09-2006, 11:28 PM
I found this when looking for some other information. Thought you might enjoy reading this.

http://www.primitiveways.com/ice-fire.html

Hi US Iceman ..... do you think that's possible ... hehe we should contact the myth busters on the discovery channel to do the experience for us ..... :p

Respects and regards
Botrous

US Iceman
11-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Hi botrous,

I'm sure it can be done with a pair of eye glasses. So, I would not expect this to be any different.

I have to admit I never thought of using ice to make a lense though.:cool:

botrous
12-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Hi US Iceman,
The need is the mother if invention , maybe that what made our xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx grandparents think about that.

Respects and regards
Botrous

Abby Normal
13-09-2006, 12:33 AM
Lol, the practice technique is self defeating, just get a light off of the heat source that boils the water.

I think I would try making a bow / drill. Shoe lace and a couple sticks.

Tycho
13-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Hi US Iceman ..... do you think that's possible ... hehe we should contact the myth busters on the discovery channel to do the experience for us ..... :p

Respects and regards
Botrous

Mythbusters allready did that, and they did make fire with ice :)

pretty cool

botrous
13-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Mythbusters allready did that, and they did make fire with ice :)

pretty cool

hi Tycho ....
If it's done than it's done :D

Respects and reagrds

monkey spanners
14-09-2006, 01:55 PM
I started a fire a couple of weeks ago with some heavy duty coil cleaner. The condenser (on a dairy farm) was covered in vac pump oil, staw and cattle cake dust, being sited between the vac pumps and the cake silo. Put coil cleaner in sprayer and topped up with correct amount of water. Sprayed first condeser then moved on to the second one, moved back to the first with the last 100ml or so. After a short while i noticed a fine mist rising from the condenser, odd, then noticed a fine mist rising from the fan gaurd, odder, though looks more like smoke than mist, put hand on top of condeser to hot to touch!!! Oh dear or words to that effect. Put the fire out with the volume washer. Then spent half an hour hosing the whole area. Hang around for another hour, just in case. Must have been a chemical reaction between the oil/dust/straw and the coil cleaner. Anybody else had that " i've really ****ed it this time feeling?" or is it just me!
cheers Jon