PDA

View Full Version : coldroom valve

ric
06-09-2006, 06:10 PM
was working on a cold room a few weeks ago and it was iced up. switched unit off to defrost and returned next day to check operation. found no faults with charge or defrost heaters was going to check defrost time setting when i seen that exspasion valve was piped backwards eg liquid line entering out of valve.collected new valve and fitted unit ran up fine.
this got me thinking to when i did marine boats and some of the work i had to repair.once i replaced part of a liquid line that someboby had used a peice of garden hose and to clips at each end.It always made me laugh seeing the way some people will go to make the unit run.:D

US Iceman
06-09-2006, 06:15 PM
I saw a small system once for a cold room using R-12 with some creative piping. The gent used PVC pipe for the suction line. I think he said it was cheaper than copper.:D

ric
06-09-2006, 08:23 PM
I once had a custumer who kept on removing the orifices from his exspansion valves said his system works better with out then.i kept putting new ones back in only to find he removed then again.it was like p*ssing against the wind.

US Iceman
06-09-2006, 09:15 PM
i kept putting new ones back in only to find he removed then again.it was like p*ssing against the wind.

What would you do without the extra help, right?:D

PS. Is the customer always right???

Temprite
07-09-2006, 01:59 PM
I saw a small system once for a cold room using R-12 with some creative piping. The gent used PVC pipe for the suction line. I think he said it was cheaper than copper.:D

chemi are you reading this?

chemi-cool
07-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Just did:D

Chemi:)

Takeshi
07-09-2006, 08:10 PM
I saw in a HVAC magazine that we get, there was a small article on bodging.
Someone had installed a condensing unit for beer cooling on top of stacked beer crates and had kicked a hole in a vent for the pipes to run through...:eek: