PDA

View Full Version : Drippy Fujitsu

daddymac
06-09-2006, 09:37 AM
Hi Guys!

I've got a Fujustu 4kw R22 wall mount unit, and it keeps dripping condensate from the middle of the unit.
Drain pipe is clear, unit is horribly installed, but level-ish.
No frost on the lines so I guess the charge is ok. The environment it is in isn't excessively humid, but the air is oily and there are mineral oil deposits all over the unit!
I suspect that the condensate gutter may have fractured as the oil can rot the plastic. Due to the amount of oil present, I doubt repair will be effective. Can this part be replaced... or it it bad news for my customer? Unit is around 6 years old!

Any thoughts?

Richie

Raz
06-09-2006, 10:36 AM
I tryed to get the same part for a mitsi only 3 years old to be told the part would take 6 mounths to arrive we removed and glued !!

airefresco
06-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Check the fitting on the back of the drip tray where the drain line fits onto the drip tray. I had a fujitsu unit a couple of years ago that had a small leak there.

rbartlett
06-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Yes I've seen a mitsi which had baffled long and hard over a water leak till I stripped it down and found the tray cracked. Either repair it with araldite or bin it

Cheers

richard

Andy AC
06-09-2006, 07:34 PM
I've had the same problem twice on the same site recently. (2 different units) Both of the units were about the same age as yours.
The first one I glued but the second one I changed, so yes part is available,cheap too, but it comes as a bare tray without any polystyrene insulation on it.:( It doesn't come off the old tray very easily as it is glued on. Also you need to swap over the directional vanes from the old one which is an absolute pig of a job to do without breaking some of them.:(

So if possible take it out and araldite it, its easier and a lot quicker.

Andy

Temprite
07-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Yes I've seen a mitsi which had baffled long and hard over a water leak till I stripped it down and found the tray cracked. Either repair it with araldite or bin it

Cheers

richard

Have seen this same problem on several mitsubishi units.Usually when someone has installed it on a wall that is not flat.

First one puzzled me for a while but now if I get the same symptoms, I pour water down the back of the coil to test the rear of the tray.

Some splits will leak water from the fan area if they are slightly short of gas or have a circuit on the evaporator that is not feeding. If some of the coil surface is not wet then the condensate will not run into the tray properly.

cascade tech
07-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Hi i used to strip splits for a living dont miss it that much.Here are my thoughts based on what i have come across in the field.

If you are not sure the tray is cracked it might be that the fan blades are clogged with oily grime and not delivering sufficient airflow. Another thing i have seen is the insulation come loose on the refrigerant pipes were the flare joint connections are behind the evaporator, this caused water to run down the centre of the unit all it took was some non drip tape to sort it.
Its amazing were people install mid walls i have seen them used in a baby powder production area which was obviously no good for them.Sounds like yours is also in a spot were it should not be .

Well hope you come right and dont get too dirty.

daddymac
08-09-2006, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the replies!

After much cursing, hands cut to ribbons etc, I found the tray cracked. :( "They've" ordered a supposed spare part. Currently holding out with araldite! Horrible job!!! :mad:
Cascade tech... unfortunately the whole site has oil mist in the air, but it's relatively free of other contaminates. Did check the fan blades though and they were dirty but ok! Thanks for the advice!! :D

Richie