PDA

View Full Version : Another LG

Andy W
05-09-2006, 10:23 PM
You guessed it, yet another LG broke down this morning, a 10Kw cooling only wall mount on R410a, I previously repaired the cracked suction pipe on this machine 2 months ago, the outdoor pcb has lost the output to run the condenser fans, rang the wholesaler who I purchased it from 18 months ago and he does not want to know, says Shorts Environmental are making life very difficult for anyone requiring parts under warranty and told me I would be better off standing the cost of the parts myself and just purchasing them myself and that LG were laughing at us and this is coming from an LG supplier! :eek: Just not good enough, what can I do, Tony Gittings from LG thinks all engineers are a bunch of muppets who dont know what they are doing and tells you to sort it out with who ever you purchased the kit from, who tell you that there supplier will not supply parts and to contact LG who tell you to sort it out with...............just goes on and on and on..........

Brian_UK
05-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Makes you wonder whether the Tradings Standards Office should get involved with LG doesn't it?

Abe
06-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Before going any further

Look at your sale contracts and terms

Read the fine print and ascertain what is covered and what is not.

This is not methinks a trading standards issue, its a warranty issue

Renato RR
06-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Who wants to eat with devil must have long spoon.Meaning you know with who you dealing.I make deal with man newer vith trade mark or firm.Also if you have bad contact with dealer go to pub with him it is good for busines.Trust me!

Renato

Latte
06-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Hi Andy,

I had never come accross a problem with a R410 unit, i had hoped that the newer ones didn't have the problem the older ones do.

Has anyone from LG actually admittewd there is a specific problem with the suction pipes or are we still on the "We know we havre had problems in the past" excuse.

All the ones i have had go are on the first 90 degree elbow, has anyone tried to cure this on their own. I am assuming it is a vibration fault as opposed to all the welds not being done correctly. Could a vibrasorber be fitted in there somewhere. it would have to be a short one, dont know if they do them that short

Regards
fatboy