PDA

View Full Version : RIP Steve Irwin

acgibo
04-09-2006, 09:28 PM
when asked about his favourite childhood programmes Steve Irwin replied 'thunderbirds was great but theres allways a place in my heart for stingray':rolleyes:

Steve Irwin gets to the pearly gates and St Peter says 'jesus Steve, you look tanned, even for an Aussie'
Steve replied 'yeah i caught some rays on the way up.:cool:

Jimmy Nail is to sing crocodile shoes at the funeral service, Sting was first choice but was deemed inappropriate..:eek:

:D :D RIP Stevie

bernard
04-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi

I,m not Knocking your humour but he come across as a good bloke.I,m gutted he,s gone.

Bernard

Latte
04-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Steve Irwin has probably helped save and drew public awareness to the plight of more endangered animals than anyone else.

The world is a quieter place without him but i hope his legacy continues

RIP steve

Brian_UK
04-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Newsflash seen earlier today.

Abby Normal
05-09-2006, 01:14 AM
Feeding stingrays is quite a tourist attraction here, will probably put a damper on business.

Must have done it 100s of times myself they are pretty docile.

Must be a real viscious species in Australia otherwise you would almost have to do a bellyflop on one and impale yourself to get it in the heart.

When I first saw the headline I thought it must have been a croc or a snake that got him.

Dan
05-09-2006, 02:23 AM
Happy to see a thread honoring Steve. What an enjoyable character! No doubt he would appreciate the humor.

Abe
05-09-2006, 08:34 AM
I am saddened at the death of Steve and it came as a shock.

Personally Im not into introducing humour in such situations as these, as the circumstances of his passing are pretty tragic.

I prefer to honour him and what he showed us, entertained us, by showing him how valuable his work on conservation has been.

Rest in peace mate, you will be sorely missed. The worlds has lost a true individual who cared about wildlife and the environment.

Temprite
05-09-2006, 01:52 PM
His zoo in queensland is one of the most interesting that you could go to, much different than your average zoo.

His legacy will live on.

As far as the stingrays go that was just plain bad luck.

In summer where I live you see kids jumping off the local jetty with stingrays all around them and they never get touched.

WebRam
05-09-2006, 07:41 PM
LOL, here are a few more

WebRam
05-09-2006, 07:42 PM
and another one

slingblade
07-09-2006, 09:35 AM
Im sure the man will be missed by his family and most Aussies but lest face it, anyone who makes a career out of wrestling crocs and poking poisonous snakes with sticks was going to get eaten, stung or bitten to death at some point. if i saw a crock coming towards me i think i would run in the opposite direction rather than take it on mano a mano. RIP , but self inflicted Steve.

Toolman
07-09-2006, 02:02 PM
RIP Steve Irwin , its was a very unfortunate accident . He doesnt deserve the cheap jokes . Unless we all start putting in the same effort about the enviroment none of us will be laughing and joking about anything . This guy did much more in many areas than your average joe blow thats got to be worth something . Show some respect !!

rbartlett
07-09-2006, 05:28 PM
RIP Steve Irwin , its was a very unfortunate accident . He doesnt deserve the cheap jokes . Unless we all start putting in the same effort about the enviroment none of us will be laughing and joking about anything . This guy did much more in many areas than your average joe blow thats got to be worth something . Show some respect !!

Don't be silly humour is a major part of bereavement release. The plane fact is that there were jokes flying around just after 911 (can you see what I did there ;-)

Cheers

Richard

nh3wizard
07-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Some people just need to lighten up:) I hope someone can find humor when I pass away.:D

slingblade
14-09-2006, 09:57 PM
It seems now that (news report on U.K. radio) people in OZ are catching stingrays and cutting off the tails before releasing them as some kind of a mark of respect to Mr Irwin. This beggars belief.:eek:

chillin out
14-09-2006, 11:23 PM
It seems now that (news report on U.K. radio) people in OZ are catching stingrays and cutting off the tails before releasing them as some kind of a mark of respect to Mr Irwin. This beggars belief.:eek:
This is just being stupid as Steve would never have wanted this to happen. In fact he would have been dead against it (exuse the pun...lol).

Chillin:) :)