PDA

View Full Version : Ammonia refrigerant poser!

robbiedapict
04-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Hi,

I have a refrigerant related problem and I am hoping you can help me. The question is:

A vapour compression refrigerator with AMMONIA as refrigerant works between 2.908 bara and 12.37 bara. Temperature after isentropic compression is 82 degrees C and the condensate is undercooled by 8 degrees C in the condenser.
What is the COP (Coefficient of Performance) of the refrigerant?

Looking forward to the answer or any pointers you can give me...

Please help!
:(

Peter_1
04-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Assuming you mean HP of 12.37 bar and - 10 TV and 31° TC, 8K SC (what's the SH?) then COP of the compressor - not the refrigerant - will be something of +/- 3.9
Coolpack tells it all

frank
04-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Hi,

I have a refrigerant related problem and I am hoping you can help me. The question is:

A vapour compression refrigerator with AMMONIA as refrigerant works between 2.908 bara and 12.37 bara. Temperature after isentropic compression is 82 degrees C and the condensate is undercooled by 8 degrees C in the condenser.

Please help!

This sounds like a college question??? :confused:

Andy
04-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi,

Please help!

Robbie,
if I had such a question I would download Coolpack off the software section of RE and use it to calc.

Kind Regards Andy

We can check you answer, but you will need to do this yourself for the experience:D