PDA

View Full Version : York Software

Firdaus
03-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Does anyone knows where can i find free york/sabroe compressor software/calculator?

thanks

Firdaus

Josip
06-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi, Firdus :)

It is free (Sabroe MatchMaster) but you must ask copy from York/Sabroe representative in your country becuse each copy has its own number what is visible when you calculate and order something (compressor, unit, oil cooler, etc)

Best regrds, Josip :)

Firdaus
07-09-2006, 02:52 AM
Hi Josip,

Thanks for your information. but, where can i find the Sabroe Match Master? Will they give the number to the person outside York? though, i've 10 sabroe compressors in my company.

Best Regards

Firdaus

Josip
07-09-2006, 08:43 AM
Hi, Firdaus :)

Hi Josip,

Thanks for your information. but, where can i find the Sabroe Match Master? Will they give the number to the person outside York? though, i've 10 sabroe compressors in my company.

Best Regards

Firdaus

As I said you must request CD from your local representative or you can send request direct to Sabroe. If they agree with your request you will receive CD with your number and your name and so on...

Please, as I understood you are a user, can you tell me what for you need it, maybe I can help.

Best regards, Josip :)

US Iceman
07-09-2006, 02:53 PM
My experience has shown the manufacturers only provide their software to people who can help them sell compressors.

Now having said that, not all manufacturers are like this.

It can be difficult to get the software, and you may be asked a lot of questions before it is provided.

From some reason the software is treated as if it were a top secret.:rolleyes:

Firdaus
07-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Hi Josip and Ice man,

thank you for your both valuable information. i'm a new bie in refrigeration system, due to large ammount of sabroe compressor in my company, i would like to learn to analyze whether all compressors are running smooth or not also COP of the machine

Best Regards

Firdaus

US Iceman
07-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi Firdaus,

The software will not tell if your compressors are running smooth. It would tell you what type of performance values you should expect though.

As far as COP is concerned, try to get the discharge pressure as low as you can by keeping the condensers clean. That is the easiest thing you can do.

Almost everything else is related to changing the system components or operational parameters.

Josip
07-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Hi Firdaus,

The software will not tell if your compressors are running smooth. It would tell you what type of performance values you should expect though.

As far as COP is concerned, try to get the discharge pressure as low as you can by keeping the condensers clean. That is the easiest thing you can do.

Almost everything else is related to changing the system components or operational parameters.

Agree with all said;)

S.W.Lee
08-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Hi, Firdaus,
Our company is distributer of Sabroe and also I have the program. But, we don't give the program CD to our customer, only give the computation results. I think you want to compare the computation results with actual system indications to see if your compressors are going well. If you give the operation condition in detail, I think I can give some help.

Josip
10-09-2006, 01:55 AM
Hi, Firdaus :)

Does anyone knows where can i find free york/sabroe compressor software/calculator?

thanks

Firdaus

follow this link please: https://compweb.sabroe.com/

hope you find what you want;)

Firdaus
11-09-2006, 03:32 AM
Dear josip, US Iceman, and Lee,

Sorry for late reply, just back from bizz trip. Thank you very much for your valuable information and help. it is a very great and useful site.... indeed, i've got more than what i want :D

FYI, the compressor that i try to analyze is sabroe tsmc 116 L/R 717 with average following data (I think the discharge temp is too high):

Discharge temp 42 degC
Intermediate temp - 8 degC
Vessel temp -46,3 degC
Suction temp -44 degC
Oil pressure 4,4 Bar

Once again, many thanks to all of you..

US Iceman
11-09-2006, 04:02 AM
Firdaus,

Is the discharge temperature you provided right?

42C (107.6) does not seem correct. How are you measuring this?

Measure the discharge temperature about .15 meters (6") away from the discharge valve on the compressor with a thermometer. This would be the approximate discharge temperature of the gas leaving the compressor.

Can you provide the ammonia pressures also please?

Best Regards,
US Iceman

Firdaus
11-09-2006, 07:33 AM
Dear US Iceman,

The discharge temperature from compressor tachometer is +43 degC/ 16 bar (High Stage), i tried your way to measure, and the result is +43degC to + 44 degC. i think the condenser capacity is too small for the system.

please advice, thanks

Firdaus

US Iceman
12-09-2006, 12:02 AM
Hi Firdaus,

Let's try this again.

Temp. = 43C (109.4F)
Pressure = 16 bar (232.0 psig) Note: I am assuming this is gauge pressure.
Refrigerant = R-717

For ammonia at 16 bar(g), the saturation temperature is +/- 43C. This tells me the refrigerant is saturated at this point where you measured the temperature.

If this is indeed the discharge temperature at the compressor you have absolutely no superheat in the discharge gas. Is this compressor (sabroe tsmc 116 L/R 717) a screw or a recip compressor?

What type of condenser is being used?

On the other hand, if you tell me this pressure and temperature is what you measured at the condenser outlet (the refrigerant drain) then this is something completely different.

I have more questions than answers right now. Sorry.

S.W.Lee
12-09-2006, 05:10 AM
Dear US Iceman,

The discharge temperature from compressor tachometer is +43 degC/ 16 bar (High Stage), i tried your way to measure, and the result is +43degC to + 44 degC. i think the condenser capacity is too small for the system.

please advice, thanks

Firdaus

As Iceman said, +43C/16bar read from your comp. is condensing temp. (TSMC model is compound reciprocating compressor Mr.Iceman.)

According to the data you described, your system seems to be NH3 flooded system with water cooled condenser, and the condensing pressure is not bad, but you can increase condensing capacity by increasing cooling water flow or lowering cooling water temperature. However, if your condenser is Evacon, the capacity of condenser is insufficient.

For intermedate temperature, -8C is a little bit higher than MATCHMASTER computation(-12.6C), but it will not make big problem. Check the thermo expansion valve to the intercooler if needed.

And, shaft speed(RPM) is needed to calculate the capacity.

B/R

thoist
14-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Hi, Josip
I am also using about 40 sabroe's compressor so I understand you. But It is very hard to get sabroe software ( Why i dont know ? )
To solve your require i think You can find the same software to study.