PDA

View Full Version : Some old refrigeration pics.

botrous
02-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Hi guys , it has been a very long time I didn't participate to the forum , the cause is abvious , it's the war .... I miss you all and beleive me when I say that I miss you , I do.
Sorry for all the guys that were waiting files from me , I promise to send it in less than a week.

Here are some old refrigeration pictures that I though are good to share as we have now thanks to the BOSS a history section.

pic 1: Each day these men brought blocks of ice to every home and business on their route. They were the first refrigeration hands.

pic 2: An Icebox. An ice block was stored in a top compartment and used to keep food and drinks cold.

pic 3: This unit was built between 1911 and 1928 by the AUDIFFREN Refrigerating Machine, Co. and used sulpher dioxide as a refrigerant.

pic 4: The Crosley Icyball made by the Crosley Radio Corporation of Cincinnati, Ohio. The unit consisted of a hot ball and a cold ball connected by a U shaped pipe. To start the unit the hot ball was heated for 1.5 hours to drive ammonia into the cold ball which was immersed in water to condense to the ammonia. The unit was then hung in the cabinet which could be cooled for 12 to 24 hours.

pic 5: Monitor top refrigerator.

pic 6: Automatic Multi-Coil Storage Heater. 1908. Manufactured by RUUD Manufacturing, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Removed from the Pasadena Athletic Club as the building was being demolished in December 1977. Donated by Iconoco Wrecking Company.

pic 7: Condensing Unit

pic 8: Westinghouse Chiller

pic 9: 1927 Carrier Chiller

pic 10: Steam driven refrigeration plant

The next 5 pictures are in the next post. That's due to the maximum number of uploads per post limited to 5.

botrous
02-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Here are the 5 next pictures.

With all my respects and regards.
Botrous

US Iceman
03-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Hi botrous,

It has been a long time to hear from you. I hope you and your family are well. I look forward to seeing your friendly face here more often.:)

Best Regards,
US Iceman

Argus
03-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Good to see you still in one piece. Keep your head down!

________
GM Premium V engine specifications (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/GM_Premium_V_engine)

botrous
03-09-2006, 01:30 AM
Hi botrous,

It has been a long time to hear from you. I hope you and your family are well. I look forward to seeing your friendly face here more often.:)

Best Regards,
US Iceman

Yes it has been a very long time , me and the family are well ..... and yes you will see me more often here .......

respects and regrads
Botrous

botrous
03-09-2006, 01:32 AM
Good to see you still in one piece. Keep your head down!

:D :D :D Thanks , myself , i was happy to see myself in one peice ;) and I'm keeping my head down and staying away from the bridges and not heading for the south unless it's urgent .... hehehehe
thanks god the nightmare is finished

respects and regards
Botrous

aawood1
04-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Hi, all the best and take care. All some of us have to think about is small refrigeration faults and not how to keep safe.
all the best arthur

botrous
04-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi, all the best and take care. All some of us have to think about is small refrigeration faults and not how to keep safe.
all the best arthur

It's hard to think about refrigeration when your head is near to be blown.

Respects and regards
Botrous

Ahmed.ragab
02-03-2008, 11:22 PM
[hi dear borous, i am ahmed from egypt ifeel that u r an arabian man , i would like to be afrinds , if u didnt mind????

georgeh
10-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Some quality nostalgic pictures there!! Thanx

Tankerbox
18-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Thank you man! For serving.