PDA

View Full Version : Zanussi - fridge warm, freezer cold

jt196
02-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Hey folks,
Just had the freezer guy in on Thursday and he fixed our Zanussi Electrolux ZEBF 249W as there was no cold air flow into the fridge section of the unit.
He said that dust in the air had collected in a valve and it has become blocked with sludge from condensation. Which part of the fridge that was blocked I don't quite remember unfortunately.
Even more unfortunately, the fridge is warm today, and full of perishables after a shop on Thursday evening.
I know how to access the different parts of the fridge, but need someone to tell me where I should be directing my attentions and how to go about unblocking the valve/unknown part (condensate? drip?), and how I should go about not letting this happen again too frequently in the future...
Many thanks in advance for your expert advice.
James.

chilly
02-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Id get the freezer guy back in, doersnt sound too cleaver to me, did he just bodge it and scarper? Dont you have any warently with the repair / freezer?

jt196
02-09-2006, 05:41 PM
We're getting the freezer guy back in but he isn't available until Tuesday and I've not got much more space in the freezer. So I'm just trying to figure out where I should be sticking what to unblock the tract between the fridge and the freezer so the cold air will come through to the fridge section.