PDA

View Full Version : XDX Controller

Refman
01-09-2006, 02:16 AM
Dear Sir ,
This is my first post , Can any one help me to find XDX X-stream valve , I try to contact the company XDX but not successed , I looking to buy the XDX equipment to testing
fot my refrigeration system. Can some one help me ?

Thank advanced.
Refman

US Iceman
01-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Peter,

This valve is not really a electrical control valve based on what I know about it. It is some type of "device" that is installed in the liquid line. It is supposed to increase the capacity of the system somehow.

I think it works by magic. The company does not provide sufficient information to describe the operation of this valve.

Unless someone can provide an explanation of how it does work, I am going to consider it another one of those gadgets that produce magical effects.

The magic effect is how to make money disappear.;)

Peter_1
01-09-2006, 08:35 PM
And their website is also too flashy for a technical product.
It's just like the website has to sell the product.

US Iceman
01-09-2006, 09:08 PM
If they cannot explain how it works, then they must not be sure either...:rolleyes: :D

Lc_shi
04-09-2006, 09:58 AM
http://xdxusa.com/index.php
I've once been interested in it but I'm not certain its performance. It's said to cause annular flow to enhance heat transfer.
hope you can share your result with us if it's real good.

regards
LC

Refman
09-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Dear Peter ,
Thank for your help me ,
I try to contact them , but not successed.
Can some one help me to find the supplier of this XDX valve.
Thank and regards
Refman

US Iceman
10-09-2006, 01:30 AM
Refman,

If I can ask... Why do you want to use this and what results do you expect to find by using it?

I am always interested to see "new" energy saving technology, but when someone starts to ask questions, the answers begin to get somewhat questionable from the supplier.

I find the same thing about suppliers who sell oil additives. The same thing happens with these. You always get promises of great savings, but hardly any results.:(

Refman
10-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Dear US Iceman ,
It's very nice to heard from you , and you are the expert man , last time i worked on the energy saving for R22 cold room with the oil additived from Austaria . they call " hysave oil " from hyfreeze company , also provide the R22 Pump. I present to the cold room owner alredy , after that when i worked with the supplier very deep detail , they look like not open to me , i try to looking another equipment to modifly with the units cooler to improve the system for colr room with DX system. the reason why , i try to contact XDX , but not success , any idea from you , please feel free to let me know

Thank and regards
Refman

Josip
10-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Hi,

I was there, too

seems like David Copperfield page. They can do everything or even more:eek:

Not too much testimonials, particular not from one RE ;)

Annular liquid flow through complete length of evaporator pipe, what about gravity :confused:

Maybe I am wrong, but if they have patent, licence there is nothing to hide then, or...

Best regards, Josip :)

US Iceman
10-09-2006, 11:33 PM
seems like David Copperfield page. They can do everything or even more:eek:

That is what bothers me about these "revolutionary devices". Outstanding energy reductions, great promises of reduced operating time, lower amperage, etc., etc.,

Add in the some "highly technical terms" like annular flow, enhanced dispersion, slippery oil, or whatever and you have a magical message that just screams "buy me".

In my way of thinking, there are certain things you can do to improve the efficiency or capacity. Some can be done after the system is installed, others can be done during the design of the system.

I try to be receptive of any possible device, but when the claims start to sound as if they are too good to be true, they generally are.:(

Peter_1
11-09-2006, 06:34 AM
Not too much testimonials, particular not from one RE ;)
Annular liquid flow through complete length of evaporator pipe, what about gravity :confused:
Maybe I am wrong, but if they have patent, licence there is nothing to hide then, or...
Best regards, Josip :)

Their whole website is almost a copy of the RE website (same software) This company was already mentioned a long time ago and then, I was already suspicious.

Not that much can be invented now to make big savings on the electricty bill.

The biggest savings can be made by the installer (reducing HP and increasing LP as much as possible and allowable) by proper dimensioing all the parts. Magic tricks and too much electronics is not necessary.

The second biggest savings can be made by the customer himself: cleaning his condensors, calling his technician as soon as he think there's something wrong so that the tech can optimise again the machines.

Josip, indeed, gravity, what with annular flow after the first bend in the coil?

All the patents can be found on www.freepatentsonline.com It's free. I printed already hundreds.

Josip
11-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Hi, Peter_1 :)

was there:

United States Patent 6751970
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6751970.html

Abstract: A vapor compression refrigeration and freezer system includes a compressor, a condenser, an expansion devise and an evaporator which includes an evaporator coil having an inlet and an outlet which coil is in heat exchange relation with an air medium along substantially the entire coil length. The inlet to the evaporator coil is in flow communication with an outlet of the expansion devise via an evaporator feedline. The expansion device can include a multifunctional valve that cooperates with the evaporator feedline to supply the evaporator coil inlet with a mixture of refrigerant vapor and liquid at a linear velocity and with relative amounts of vapor and liquid which are sufficient to provide efficient heat transfer along substantially the entire length of the coil, substantially reducing the build-up of frost on the evaporator coil and enabling the system to be operated without requiring a defrosting cycle over a substantially increased number of operating cycles compared to conventional refrigeration and freezer systems operating at the same cooling load and evaporating temperature conditions.

also this:

Vapor compression system
Document Type and Number: United States Patent 6393851
Link to this Page: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6393851.html

Abstract: A vapor compression system including a compressor, a condenser, an expansion valve, and an evaporator. The compressor increases the pressure and temperature of a heat transfer fluid. The condenser is connected with the compressor for liquefying the heat transfer fluid. The expansion valve is connected with the condenser and includes an expansion device for expanding the heat transfer fluid, and an internal sensor for detecting conditions within the heat transfer fluid. The evaporator is connected with the expansion valve for transferring heat from ambient surroundings to the heat transfer fluid.

I'm not sure if that is XDX but for sure still do not understand how it works, but maybe someone here can explain ;)

Best regards, Josip:)

Peter_1
11-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Josip, I think you have enough experience to see that this more some sort of magic trick then a seriously machined device which improves the refrigeration effect.

US Iceman
11-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi Guys,

If you read the first quote Josip posted the description sounds just like an expansion valve. If this is how the device works, I don't see how this provides any benefit at all.

My biggest issue with this is the purchaser has to understand how it works and then determine if the benefit is real.

Unfortunately, the salesmen do manage to sell these devices to people who trust the brochures.

Refman
12-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Dear All ,
Thank for all of your info input , I have to leaned more.

With regards
Refman

US Iceman
13-09-2006, 02:44 AM
Hi Refman,

If you learn more about these devices, please remember to share the information with us.

Speaking for myself, I can't wait to see this.:)