PDA

View Full Version : What a poor excuse

NoNickName
30-08-2006, 09:42 PM
A potential customer writes an email to the marketing manager asking for ammonia chillers.
The moron comes down and says: "hey do we produce ammonia chillers?".
"No, we don't.".
"Can we produce ammonia chillers?"
"No, we can't, unless moving the company to Nigeria".
"How much will it cost to get everything moving to start designing ammonia chillers?".
"Zillions Euro and Eons time".
"Right. How do we say that to the potential customer?".
"Tell him: No, we don't".
"Ok".

Email to the customer: "Dear xxx, we think ammonia chillers are outperformed by R407c chillers we presently produce. Would you please reconsider your request?".

I must be dreaming and this must be a joke.

US Iceman
31-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Email to the customer: "Dear xxx, we think ammonia chillers are outperformed by R407c chillers we presently produce. Would you please reconsider your request?".

If your potential customer ever founds out the difference, this will cost you more in bad advertising, than one lost sale.

I can't believe a marketing manager would do something that dumb! First he doesn't know what his own company does sell and secondly, he makes up a story to tell to the customer.

Good grief!

jamcool
31-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Thats the thing with managment,they spend too much time in office and around a desk:mad: My director reminded me last week,while I was trying to have a conversation with him about a chiller and I quote" Listen,I have done a course in HVAC,does that mean I know about HVAC? No,so cannt help you" end quote:) It does my head in:mad:

TXiceman
04-09-2006, 06:59 AM
This is one issue I have with a lot of the so called sales people in the industrial refrigeration filed (for that matter, most any sales person). If you don't know the answer, admitt it and tell the customer that you will get him an answer and follow through.

I am a sales engineer and refuse to do business like this manager.

Ken

Andy
04-09-2006, 09:06 PM
A potential customer writes an email to the marketing manager asking for ammonia chillers.
The moron comes down and says: "hey do we produce ammonia chillers?".
"No, we don't.".
"Can we produce ammonia chillers?"
"No, we can't, unless moving the company to Nigeria".
"How much will it cost to get everything moving to start designing ammonia chillers?".
"Zillions Euro and Eons time".
"Right. How do we say that to the potential customer?".
"Tell him: No, we don't".
"Ok".

I must be dreaming and this must be a joke.

Do like us contractors, buy someone elses chiller and sell it to him, with an enhanced customer care package (some local support for the install and servicing)

Kind Regards Andy:)

Abby Normal
08-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Obviously "The Dilbert Principle" has been translated into Italian