PDA

View Full Version : Fruit Precooling and Storage System

Samarjit Sen
27-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Can any one provide me with the system of Forced Air Cooling for Precooling of Grapes with additional humidifiers . I have done a similar project against the traditional hydrocooling etc which are adopted in our country. The plant designed by me is working very efficiently and every body is happy. Now in another similar project, the party wanted a similar plant, wherein I proposed to install Larkin Coils and Dorin Semi Hermetic Compressors with R 22. Now some of my competitors have told my client that the system adopted by me is not suitable as it will not perform for a long time. They are offering the hydrocooling system at a lower cost. As against a requirement of 95% RH, there system does not go above 80%. The plant that I have designed goes upto 98% RH with water molecules of 3 to 5 microns.

I am sure that grape precooling are being done all over th world and what I would like to know which system are being generally adopted.

winfred.dela
09-09-2006, 02:42 AM
There are a lot of Forced Air Precoolers here in my place.
It's for banana and pineapple with plastic wrap inside a carton box (with small holes) piled in a pallet around 1.2M x 1.0M x 1.8 M H.

Here we need a lot of Static Pressure from fans to be able to cool the product.

You must have the product packaging method before you can figure out the best one.
Also, get the exact temp and humidity requirement of the product.

Better consult with my principal www.forcedair.com (http://www.forcedair.com)
Just contact Mike Senaydin, the President.
He travels around a lot and may be able to drop by your place.