PDA

View Full Version : not cold enough

freezy
25-08-2006, 07:46 PM
hi all

I had a look at a Leibherr fridge freezer today.

Freezer fine but fridge not getting down to temp. Fridge compressor seems to run but evap panel starts to freeze, measured these values(celcius) after about 5 minutes of compressor starting.....

discharge 39
Liquid 32
suction 23

The liquid temp rises quite fast, compared to the discharge temp.

If the super cool button is pressed then it gets down to temp as it runs continuously for 6 hours but ices up and goes warmer when this has finished.

model KGTves5066-24, on R600

Any ideas?
I dont normally work on domestics so i'm not familiar and i've never worked with R600, should I be worried about working with it?

Latte
25-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Dont worry about R600, its a gas same as R134
There are slightly different precautions to take when going into the system but as a gas its same as ever.

You didnt say anything about the stat.
Normal problem with fridge/freezers is that they use one stat on the freezer section so the frisge is not controlled on temp. Obviously there is a plate evap in the fridge to cool it down when the freezer is running but as soon as it gets to -20 off it goes.
Now being a new unit i would like to think the insulation is good so if the freezer door is left closed and its fairly full of stock holding it at temp the compressor may not come on for an hour or so.
Obviously in that time the fridge door may be open an indefinnate amount of times.

Is it just a single stat ?, Ive just realised i may have typed all that for no reason.
Regards

Fatboy

DEVIL
25-08-2006, 08:18 PM
u should check the pressures, at this aspect it lucks to be overcharged, are us shore u did charge the right amount of refrigerent, what did happend with the fridge that it needed intervention, and what are the pressures

freezy
26-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks guys,

The fridge has its own lcd control, seperate from the freezer,its own probe at the top of the fridge behind a glass panel and its own compressor.
Its a fairly new model with no obvious modifications from the factory so no schraeder points to check pressures.

thebigcheese
27-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Is The The Unit In A Warm Place R600 Cant Cope With Heat, Try Switchin It Off Over Nite And Try Again It Should Be Ok, Usaly Just Change To 134a Myself

freezy
28-08-2006, 07:48 AM
Its just in a normal household kitchen, why is the suction temp so high?:confused:

taz24
03-10-2006, 01:36 AM
You state temps and not pressures. Did you fit your gauges or just measure the temp. From the info you give it looks to me as though the comp is not pumping. Possible valve problem and discharge pressure is seeping back causeing high suction pressure and therfore high suction temp.

Ceers taz.