PDA

View Full Version : Recovery/Disposal

djbe
24-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Hi all,

When in the local wholesalers the other day, a guy came in with a recovery bottle.

Filling in the paperwork the contents were mixed from various sites.

So he got a Waste transfer note with his company as the producer/end user.

When I recover refrigerant from a customer site I treat each customer as a seperate site and dispose of them accordingly. I then send the customer a copy of the transfer note.

Which is the right way?:confused:

Brian_UK
24-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Do you have a site specific Premises Code for the waste ?

I would suggest that yours is the legal method. The other guy may not be licenced to transport his waste from site to site. You are often only licenced to carry your waste directly from the point of origin to the main waste handler (wholesaler etc).

djbe
24-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Hi Brian,

I would guess (from knowing the company that he works for) that the guy bringing the bottle in would have recovered the gas from sites that did not have a premises code.

Thanks,
djbe.

and my customers don't have a premises code.

Brian_UK
25-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Unless your customers are handling in excess of 200kg of gas a year they don't need a code, as long as you have one then you act as the waste handler taken their waste to your waste disposal point (wholesaler).

old gas bottle
26-08-2006, 04:19 PM
i think commonsense has to be part of this tangle of red tape, at least his old gas ended up where it all needs to end up, good practice has been carried out, you are allowed to carry a certain amount of refrigerant about [forgot the correct amount,]and you cant allways run back to the depot with small amounts in the recovery cylinder, but on larger quantities i get BOC to pick the cylinders up.

pendlesteve
19-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Don't forget you should have the correctly completed waste document with the cylinder, and not fill it in at the counter when you hand the cyl' over.