PDA

View Full Version : Suprise by the Tower

Mike Hopkins
10-02-2002, 11:48 PM
A co worker and good friend of mine were out on a site a little before Christmas to do some repairs to the cooling towers. Well we were gathering our thoughts and my friend says to me hey watch out there's a little suprise over there next to the return pipes. The towers are located in the downtown area and is somewhat sheltered from the public and attracts some down on their luck characters. Well one of them must have had to go and dropped his shorts and left his dinner there for all to see. There are some security fellows that patrol the area and before we could tell them, they were milling about by the mess and one of them squashed it with his shoes. We had a good laugh over that one. A couple days later we showed up to finish and there were several carryout type leftover dinners laid out where they had dug them out of the trash and were eating them. More and more I find it easier to appreciate what I have and be fortunate I am not in their boat. I've even taken to doing a little volunteer work when I can. There are a ton of charitable organizations out there that need some help. Me, I can't afford to give money but time is for now on my side so I lend my talents. You fellas out there know what it costs to do AC/Fridge repair. That takes a major toll on some of these companies that are non- profit. When your done laughing think about it. There's a lot of good out there but the greed outweighs it tenfold.
Mike Hopkins