PDA

View Full Version : Heat load help!

JAGw
24-08-2006, 10:39 PM
I’ve got an unusual heat load calc for you guys, the room is domestic, effectively 4 external walls, 5m by 8m, 5m south facing, the ceilings starts at 3m and slopes up to 6m and 2m x 4m double glassed roof window, the walls and ceiling are without any insulation and there is little opportunity to add any. Also small fridge & freezer, DW, hob, oven and heating boiler. Would 150w/m2 (6kW) cut it?
Any help welcome.:confused:

Lc_shi
25-08-2006, 02:03 AM
On roughly estimation ,it's not enough with 150W/m2;suggest use higher standard 250~300W/m2,you can make a exact calcualtion if you have the heat transfer coefficient of wall and roof and windows. Only for your ref.

regards
LC

DEVIL
25-08-2006, 08:40 PM
i thinck 200 w/m2 would be enough , true like LC says it's important what are the walls make of, and more important, how mutch heat load there is in the room, because that must be added to the calc

frank
25-08-2006, 08:49 PM
I’ve got an unusual heat load calc for you guys, the room is domestic, effectively 4 external walls, 5m by 8m, 5m south facing, the ceilings starts at 3m and slopes up to 6m and 2m x 4m double glassed roof window, the walls and ceiling are without any insulation and there is little opportunity to add any. Also small fridge & freezer, DW, hob, oven and heating boiler. Would 150w/m2 (6kW) cut it?
Any help welcome.:confused:

Any chance of a picture as your description conjours up a seven sided building :D

Seriously though, do you need to allow for the heating boiler? The 5 m width is south facing, but what is the construction? how much is glazed? does the glazed area have blinds?

What is the configuraion on the glassed roof area? I can't picture it.

JAGw
26-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Any chance of a picture as your description conjours up a seven sided building :D

Seriously though, do you need to allow for the heating boiler? The 5 m width is south facing, but what is the construction? how much is glazed? does the glazed area have blinds?

What is the configuraion on the glassed roof area? I can't picture it.

... the roof window is double glassed and is 2m x 4m there is a double glased 5m bay window. The roof is tracota tile over old felt, Joists, then lath and plaster, no more than a foot thick.

The walls are 1900s london yelow brick, 9 1/2", the floor is wood directly over concret. The boiler is not more than a concideration.

:confused: :confused:

JAGw

chilly
26-08-2006, 01:27 AM
I would go with 250 m2 and insist on cooling only.

Cover my arse every time amd i dont get b*ll*cked.

Larry2
30-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Frank, I like your new avatar. What did you say, I lost my train of thoughts. I guess we were talking about overheating or lots of heat or warmth or something like that...

frank
31-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Can't remember Larry - Too busy mowing :D