PDA

View Full Version : Bosch No Frost Fridge is frosting HELP

cooper1258
22-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Hello,

Can anyone help. my Basch NO FROST upright fridge freezer has started frosting on the back top third of the fridge compartment. The problem is just on the top third of the back of the top fridge compartment. the middle and bottom third are fine and have droplets of water running down them as normal. I have scrapped it off but it gets to about 1" thick again within 2 weeks normal use. Can anyone assist. Can it be repaired etc.

Karl Hofmann
22-08-2006, 11:48 PM
If the freezer is struggling to maintain temperature and the fridge is too cold, then I have had this problem with my Bosch fridge freezer and the simple solution is to defrost the freezer. The evaporator for the freezer is behind the plastic panel which simply pulls off once the baskets are removed. I just remove this panel and blow a hairdrier through the evaporator (Which is blocked with ice) untill it is all melted. reassemble and that should be that. Problem seems to be caused by excessive door openings and high humidity added to the air intake at the bottom of the freezer being blocked with packets and stuff. expect to defrost once or twice a year